FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 40 of 104 First ... 3038394041425090 ... Last
    Just to be pedantic, this is UltraModern5 Redux, basically a revision of Ultramodern5, both of which are on the FG store. Not sure if the original throws an error. Very low priority issue.

I wish companies and movies would just include a version number. Ultramodern5 2e, Thor 3: Ragnarök.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    Just to be pedantic, this is UltraModern5 Redux, basically a revision of Ultramodern5, both of which are on the FG store. Not sure if the original throws an error. Very low priority issue.

I wish companies and movies would just include a version number. Ultramodern5 2e, Thor 3: Ragnarök.
    Right. That's what I was referring to just to be clear. You're not the first to want Ultramodern5 Redux compatibility, so I want to try and extend as much support as possible.

Prophet background issue with Char Wizard

Hey, i was using the Character Wizard to create a character with the midgard races etc and when it came to backgrounds the "Prophet" background showed a tool proficiency choice however when I was in the CW it showed as having once choice but didn't give any options.
    I've hopefully attached an image which may help
    I've posted in the discord FGU support and spoken to Zacchaeus who said it might not be a Wizard issue, it might be an issue with who-ever converted the Midgard Heroes Handbook, but to post here just in case
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The enemy of our enemy is a problem for later, for now they could be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    Hey, i was using the Character Wizard to create a character with the midgard races etc and when it came to backgrounds the "Prophet" background showed a tool proficiency choice however when I was in the CW it showed as having once choice but didn't give any options.
    I've hopefully attached an image which may help
    I've posted in the discord FGU support and spoken to Zacchaeus who said it might not be a Wizard issue, it might be an issue with who-ever converted the Midgard Heroes Handbook, but to post here just in case
    Thanks for the bug report. Yes, Zacchaeus is correct that it is most likely how that ruleset phrased the section where it granted the tool use proficiency. Not all third party rulesets use the same wording as the official 5E sources so some conflicts can arise. I will take a look at that ruleset, however, and see what might be the specific issue there.

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with the Character Wizard where the character's inventory does not get saved after performing the character creation through the wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKY8uZrsOU

FWIW, I only own the OGL 5e content (i.e. the SRD and the basic rules). I have all of the 5e libraries loaded. I'm able to drag-and-drop items to my character's inventory post-creation as expected. If it's not an issue with me missing the paid 5e content, maybe I'm simply missing a step here? I'm able to replicate the issue exactly in the free client as well as the Ultimate client. I'm on the latest live version (_not_ beta) of Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by bassically View Post
    Hey all,

I'm having an issue with the Character Wizard where the character's inventory does not get saved after performing the character creation through the wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKY8uZrsOU

FWIW, I only own the OGL 5e content (i.e. the SRD and the basic rules). I have all of the 5e libraries loaded. I'm able to drag-and-drop items to my character's inventory post-creation as expected. If it's not an issue with me missing the paid 5e content, maybe I'm simply missing a step here? I'm able to replicate the issue exactly in the free client as well as the Ultimate client. I'm on the latest live version (_not_ beta) of Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, currently.
    Hi bassically,
    Right now, the inventory system resets if you change from starting packages to purchase items. For now you need to stick with one or the other when creating a character, but I will be changing that to allow both in an upcoming patch.

Hey FG_Wraith,

Really appreciate the quick response. However, I don't believe that I am changing to "Purchase Items" - Actually, I'm being quite careful to make sure that I select the items, click Next, and then Save the Character sheet immediately. I've also tried saving the character sheet immediately from the Inventory Selection screen (without pressing Next), but still experiencing the same behaviour. I've been chatting with some other users on Discord and they aren't able to replicate either. Is there a log file or some such that I can attach here?

Hey FG_Wraith,

Really appreciate the quick response. However, I don't believe that I am changing to "Purchase Items" - Actually, I'm being quite careful to make sure that I select the items, click Next, and then Save the Character sheet immediately. I've also tried saving the character sheet immediately from the Inventory Selection screen (without pressing Next), but still experiencing the same behaviour. I've been chatting with some other users on Discord and they aren't able to replicate either. Is there a log file or some such that I can attach here?
    Ok, I will take a look. If you want to double check that the items are being stored, perform these steps;

1) Right before saving and right after selecting your starting items (Do not do anything in between those two things. Save items for last if you have to.) Type /save in the chat bar and hit enter and confirm the campaign saved.
    2) Go to the CampaignRegistry.lua file which can be found by clicking the folder in the upper left corner of FGU or the upper right of FGC and then opening the 'campaigns' folder, then opening the folder with your campaign name. In that folder you will find CampaignRegistry.lua.
    3) Open that in any text editor and search for one of the items in the starting packages.

Be aware that some items in the starting packages are not saved to your character. These are the Roleplay type items like the Noble's signet ring or the Soldier's trophy from a fallen enemy.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; April 10th, 2021 at 23:41.

Hey FG_Wraith,

I hope this assists with your debugging efforts:

https://i.imgur.com/CI8x5L2.png

https://pastebin.com/L4YtcVsZ

If I'm understanding your previous post, it looks like the chosen items aren't actually getting attached to the CampaignRegistry as expected.

(EDIT: Just to be clear, this is a new character that I created fresh for this demonstration - it just happens to share the same name and such as my previous example, which was already deleted)
    Last edited by bassically; April 11th, 2021 at 00:05.

Hey FG_Wraith,

I hope this assists with your debugging efforts:

https://i.imgur.com/CI8x5L2.png

https://pastebin.com/L4YtcVsZ

If I'm understanding your previous post, it looks like the chosen items aren't actually getting attached to the CampaignRegistry as expected.

(EDIT: Just to be clear, this is a new character that I created fresh for this demonstration - it just happens to share the same name and such as my previous example, which was already deleted)
    That is strange. What modules do you have open?

Thread Information