5E Character Create Playlist
Page 98 of 104 First ... 488896979899100 ... Last

Ok, sure, will go with that approach then.

[MODERATOR: this and the following posts have been moved from another thread as it's more appropriate to report and discuss character wizard bugs in this thread]

I'm more interested in how much effort is going into cleaning up the code and optimizing it. For example When creating a Cleric using the wizard you get to the inventory selection screen and the first weapon is blank, you have to add it manually after you commit to the character. You also have to load the domain spells manually. Or the fact that the wizard doesn't add the wisdom attribute to the Monk's AC. Or so on, and so on. I've now learned a lot about how the program works because of having to fix these little omissions or mistakes. In fact I now have my players end the session when there's a increase in level and then spend sometime going through each sheet to make sure everything is working the way it should. Don't get me wrong I love the program, but it seems really weird that things that are automated, aren't reliably automated. I sometimes think it would be easier just to do everything manually, but if I was doing that I might as well be using Roll20...
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 3rd, 2022 at 14:15.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezzer View Post
    I'm more interested in how much effort is going into cleaning up the code and optimizing it. For example When creating a Cleric using the wizard you get to the inventory selection screen and the first weapon is blank, you have to add it manually after you commit to the character. You also have to load the domain spells manually. Or the fact that the wizard doesn't add the wisdom attribute to the Monk's AC. Or so on, and so on. I've now learned a lot about how the program works because of having to fix these little omissions or mistakes. In fact I now have my players end the session when there's a increase in level and then spend sometime going through each sheet to make sure everything is working the way it should. Don't get me wrong I love the program, but it seems really weird that things that are automated, aren't reliably automated. I sometimes think it would be easier just to do everything manually, but if I was doing that I might as well be using Roll20...
    Which is wy I use Drag & Drop and not the Character Wizard.

I'm torn aboot the CW. It's a good marketing tool and lots of people expect it. But, it has taken a ton of developer resources for a great deal of time and I don't know if it will ever be as flexible as some users will want (with homebrew and house rules). I keep hoping it becomes the defacto way of creating characters, but drag and drop works so well and with such reliability and ease that I personally question the value of the CW.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What you are seeing there are bugs rather than additions or further development which is what this thread is about. If you are seeing bugs then unless you (or someone) reports them the developers are unlikely to know about them. So please report issues with the character wizard here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rd-Bug-Reports

As regards the two you mentioned I see the issue with the Cleric weapon (I think this is because of the caveat that a warhammer is only available if the cleric is proficient and that can't be tested for - the domain spells are added into the ability in the abilities tab - so just drag them into the actions tab from there once you';ve set up the domain power group of course) but the WIS modifier is being added to the Monk's AC. Make sure that you test anything like this in a new campaign without extensions in case an extension is causing the issue. Note also that if you are using third party books those may not work properly in the character wizard because they may well have different wording.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Actually the Wiz not being added is real and has nothing to do with any add-ons. I know this for a fact because in a previous campaign with no add-ons I had a Kobold Monk that was super squishy and we couldn't figure out why until I looked at the AC using the magnify glass. Sure enough the Wiz option was blank. And as I said that's the problem, I love the program but it's riddled with little gotchas, that you have to be constantly on the look out for. Even some of the spells on the action tab are incomplete or set up so they don't work as the description describes. Map making tools are fine and all, but it does seem as OP mentioned that it's a major focus of the developers. Does it actually have to be?

Actually the Wiz not being added is real and has nothing to do with any add-ons. I know this for a fact because in a previous campaign with no add-ons I had a Kobold Monk that was super squishy and we couldn't figure out why until I looked at the AC using the magnify glass. Sure enough the Wiz option was blank. And as I said that's the problem, I love the program but it's riddled with little gotchas, that you have to be constantly on the look out for. Even some of the spells on the action tab are incomplete or set up so they don't work as the description describes. Map making tools are fine and all, but it does seem as OP mentioned that it's a major focus of the developers. Does it actually have to be?
    As I say probably not the thread to be discussing this in but I cannot replicate the issue with Monk's AC. It's possible that your issue was a while ago and got fixed; but as far as I can see the current implementation correctly calculates the Monk's AC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am helping a player create a Warforged cleric of Knowledge Domain, and I select 2 knowledge domain languages and when I do this it will not register the languages.
    I have attached a screenshot.
    Please advise.
    Capture.JPG

thank you

Moderator: Moved to Character Wizard bug reports.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 2nd, 2022 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As I say probably not the thread to be discussing this in but I cannot replicate the issue with Monk's AC. It's possible that your issue was a while ago and got fixed; but as far as I can see the current implementation correctly calculates the Monk's AC.
    Well, I don't know what the difference between your install and mine is, but the wizard doesn't do that for me. I just made one on a fully updated install and it did not add the monk's WIS attribute to the monk's AC. If you want I could make a video (some how) showing this.

It could be a number of things; the modules you are using might have an impact for example. I was just using the PHB and MotM for the kobold race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I tried it and the Monk's AC was being calculated correctly for me, too.

Thread Information