FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Hello, trying to make and eldritch Knight using the character wizard and every time I tap the Spells box it creates an error.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/manager_charwizard.lua"]:3976: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Droewa; September 20th, 2022 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Droewa View Post
    Hello, trying to make and eldritch Knight using the character wizard and every time I tap the Spells box it creates an error.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/manager_charwizard.lua"]:3976: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    I get the same error. Can confirm.

The character wizard is currently under review and upgrade. Thanks for the report, and I will add it to my list of things to look out for when testing the new upgrade.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hello. I'm new here and I don't really know where to write about it, but I ran into a problem. in character wizard dnd5e, my players can't choose a race, they have an empty list there. I'm fine, I can choose both race and class, etc. player handbook is allowed for players to download. What could be the problem?

It sounds like they don't have any modules loaded and you do. They will have to load modules just like you on their end.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by Droewa View Post

I was able to track down the issue. I will push a fix for this with the weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Hey, I'm trying to create a race that gets 2 tool proficiencies but I can't seem to find way to make it work. I even tried to make it a subrace trait and although I can include the specific listed tools it only allows you to select 1 in the character wizard. Any work around?

Update: The glitch is actually worse than I thought, it seems that you can only create one "pick one of these" traits for each race.
    Last edited by rathen45; September 27th, 2022 at 17:51. Reason: Update

Generally races don't have tool proficiencies so FGU doesn't expect to see that in a race and therefore there's no attempt to parse a general tool proficiency trait. Any races that allow such a proficiency (like Dwarf) have specific traits which FGU follows (in other words hard coded and not generally parsed text). The Character Wizard is written with the official books in mind and isn't really going to work too well with homebrewed stuff which wanders way off course of the official language. I'm not even sure that drag and drop handles multi tool proficiencies. Tool proficiencies generally come from backgrounds
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Generally races don't have tool proficiencies so FGU doesn't expect to see that in a race and therefore there's no attempt to parse a general tool proficiency trait. Any races that allow such a proficiency (like Dwarf) have specific traits which FGU follows (in other words hard coded and not generally parsed text). The Character Wizard is written with the official books in mind and isn't really going to work too well with homebrewed stuff which wanders way off course of the official language. I'm not even sure that drag and drop handles multi tool proficiencies. Tool proficiencies generally come from backgrounds
    Oh ok that makes sense. Yeah I'm trying to do build adventures in middle earth races. I guess I can do customized backgrounds for each race to supplement this if that's the case.

Thread Information