SWADE Playlist
  1. #1

    Image layer not seen by players.

    This has happened on every map I share with the players. I have trap images as a layer on top of the map layer. I have the trap layer visibility switched to visible only to GM. I then share the map. When the players walk over the trap I select the option to make the layer visible to the players but they dont see the image. The next game session a week later and after reloading the map, all the players could see the trap image. The next time it happened on a different map (shared map with layer visible only to GM then changed visibility for players to see), they could not see the layer so I had everybody log off and back in. After this everybody can see the layer.

    Also clicking that visibility icon is not always responsive. Many times I click on it and it does not switch the visibility icon so I click on it multiple times hoping I am hitting the right area to turn it back on and eventually the icon changes.

  2. #2
    pindercarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    This has happened on every map I share with the players. I have trap images as a layer on top of the map layer. I have the trap layer visibility switched to visible only to GM. I then share the map. When the players walk over the trap I select the option to make the layer visible to the players but they dont see the image. The next game session a week later and after reloading the map, all the players could see the trap image. The next time it happened on a different map (shared map with layer visible only to GM then changed visibility for players to see), they could not see the layer so I had everybody log off and back in. After this everybody can see the layer.

    Also clicking that visibility icon is not always responsive. Many times I click on it and it does not switch the visibility icon so I click on it multiple times hoping I am hitting the right area to turn it back on and eventually the icon changes.
    Is the trap layer in a folder? I have been able to reproduce if the image is shared with a layer hidden and that layer is the child of a folder.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Is the trap layer in a folder? I have been able to reproduce if the image is shared with a layer hidden and that layer is the child of a folder.
    I am adding images to show.

    I retested locally and got the same issue.

    1. Map has layers shown only to GM
    2. Share map with Players
    3. Add Player tokens
    4. Change "trap" layer from GM to ALL view

    Players dont see layer.

    GM View



    Player View

  4. #4
    On further testing,

    Same layer settings as above. If I stop sharing the map image, then re-share the map image, the one trap is visible and I can turn the visibility on and off for the players.

    In summery:

    If I share a map with the layers turned visible only to GM, the players will not see the layers when I turn them visible for players.

    If I share a map with the layer turned visible to all, the players will see the layers and I can turn the visibility on and off for the players.

  5. #5
    pindercarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    On further testing,

    Same layer settings as above. If I stop sharing the map image, then re-share the map image, the one trap is visible and I can turn the visibility on and off for the players.

    In summery:

    If I share a map with the layers turned visible only to GM, the players will not see the layers when I turn them visible for players.

    If I share a map with the layer turned visible to all, the players will see the layers and I can turn the visibility on and off for the players.
    I'm still unable to reproduce. Can you share you campaign files?

  6. #6
    This issue seems to be fixed with build 8/4/2020

  7. #7
    I haven’t tried the latest build but I have seen the exact same behavior. If I have an image visible only to GM, when I try to make it visible to the players i have to un-share and re-share the map before they can see it. I’ll test with my players on Friday and see if it’s still the case in the new build.

  8. #8
    I've been looking around to see what the little icons on the layers mean. Is just the eyeball icon mean visible to everyone? Is the eyeball with the little chess piece head mean visible to only GM? I haven't been able to see where it says.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I've been looking around to see what the little icons on the layers mean. Is just the eyeball icon mean visible to everyone? Is the eyeball with the little chess piece head mean visible to only GM? I haven't been able to see where it says.
    They need to add mouse over text to those icons for sure.
    Just the eye icon = DM can see it
    Eye with person icon = everybody can see it

  10. #10
    Okay. Thanks. I previously tried looking it up but wasn't able to find it.
    So this will be great for labeling traps and what-nots.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Starfinder Playlist

Log in

Log in