DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Manage Characters - From Free Version to Paid Version - STEAM

Hey, I have been playing campaign first in free version then upgraded to normal paid version via Steam.
    I have linked my Steam's Fantasy Grounds to here via games settings, yet where do I see the linking in here?
    I am unable to see updated character sheets in 'Manage Characters' of the campaign I am currently playing, yet my friends have their characters sheets updated just fine after every play.

Can anyone help me to solve what causes this problem?

Hi Talic, welcome to FG.

Make sure when you go into manage characters that you select the campaign you are playing in on the start screen so that you can view your characters.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, I choose the campaign and 'start' it, but in there character screen I only see local characters that I have imported or made myself.
    Those are really old characters that were made at the very beginning of this campaign. Yet my friends are able to view (but not edit) their characters that were updated in the last session just days ago.
    I am unable to see my own updated character. It feels like I have Free Trial version somehow stuck only in Manage Characters, yet I am able to join other games who have normal paid version and ultimate versions.

This problem still persists.
    I cannot view my characters UPDATED I play as in 'Manage Characters' like it would be demo version, yet my friends are able to see their own just fine.

The Manage Characters functionality is exactly the same whatever license type you have. What it sounds like is that you have two installs; the first being the demo and the second being the standard license. When you start FG in demo mode it will say DEMO in the top right hand corner - otherwise it will just give you a version number.

So quite possibly you either have two installs of the client or you have two different locations for your data folder. Another possibility is that you don't have full permissions to write data to your local cache folder in the FG data folder; but usuually you'd get some kind of error message if that is the case.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Yeah, I choose the campaign and 'start' it, but in there character screen I only see local characters that I have imported or made myself.
    If you only see "local" characters then it will be either what Zacchaeus describes, or you didn't control any PCs when you last exited the GMs campaign. Only PCs that you control when you last exited the campaign will be available in Manage characters for the specific campaign you select. There won't be any PCs available from the campaign if you, or the GM, released your PC before you exited.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So you might want to try this. Launch Fantasy Grounds. Click on the folder in the upper Right hand corner. OK keep that explorer window open and close Fantasy Grounds. Now open you Demo version and do the same thing. Do they both open the same explorer window to the same directory?
    FGC.jpg

If not then you have 2 different directories Fantasy Grounds is installed in.

Also you might want to type /save next time you are in the game with everyone that should force a save.

I am assuming classic but if Unity then the folder is in the upper left corner.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you only see "local" characters then it will be either what Zacchaeus describes, or you didn't control any PCs when you last exited the GMs campaign. Only PCs that you control when you last exited the campaign will be available in Manage characters for the specific campaign you select. There won't be any PCs available from the campaign if you, or the GM, released your PC before you exited.
    Hmm, it could be this as I tend to 'release' them back into Gm's hold as a way to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Hmm, it could be this as I tend to 'release' them back into Gm's hold as a way to save them.
    You don't need to do that. Your character is saved in both the DMs campaign as well as in your local cache file every five minutes and on exiting the client. As Trenloe says as long as you have ownership of the character when you exit the DMs game then the character is saved in your local files.

Thread Information