Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    So tell them for each pizza they sent you their player can have advantage for a night!

My group can relate, the other night the DM dropped 5 crits on us during one battle, our Fighter has a 22ac and the DM consitantly rolls 23. Where as all 4 of us players might roll a 20 if we added all our dice together. I think it's fair to point out that we take notice of the bad rolls and don't remember the good ones. The same concept as a person is more likely to write a negative review of a restaurant when they have bad one bad visit but doesn't bother writing one up for the 10 good experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Edit: Also tell them to change the color of their dice.
    This is the workaround for dice hating you. You have to keep changing the color of the dice until you find the right combination for your specific circumstances in the universe.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    This is the workaround for dice hating you. You have to keep changing the color of the dice until you find the right combination for your specific circumstances in the universe.
    I came here to mention changing the dice color. I'm glad someone else said it before me.

We always change dice colors when things start rolling badly. Also, never use the same color as another player.

I just take the ‘Etch-a-Sketch’ approach. Shake the laptop/screen and then Onwards they roll a lot better. Sometime tilting the screen means that pesky 20 doesn’t just roll away at the last second.
    Last edited by EllivasKram; August 4th, 2020 at 14:52. Reason: Typo

I have a large cigar box full of dice. When playing live games I swap out bad performing dice. There have been some sessions that I don't find a d20 that wants to roll in my favor. What are the odds?

It does seem to get bad at times. In my Pathfinder 2 campaign Sunday I rolled under a six 7 straight attacks/saves ... The problem is we don't really remember the times we hit 7 straight rolls so much. For me Unity is worse for it, but I'm also on lower leveled pc's so who knows lol

You guys didn't know that the ruleset devs are all GMs and we put in code that favors the GM and not the players...

</kidding>
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Also, performed a very unscientific test of 600 d20 on both GM and Player, and the results were within 60 of each other (exactly, oddly enough), or about 0.1 difference per d20. Also, looking at the number of 20s rolled, the GM actually rolled 2 less 20s (32), than the Player (34), but the average was 5.3-5.6%, respectively....so about what you would expect.
    aka Laendra

Ultimately, I wonder if even our live manual rolls are random. This is why a precision tool like a computer can't be random enough. If we were skilled enough, we could produce the exact kinetic forces and angles on a die to get the exact number we want every time. I believe it is because of all the variables we fail to control it and this is what makes rolling dice random. So if the algorithm emulates our failures and the correct number variables of force and deflection it can reproduce the dice randomness.

Thread Information