Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    We have humored a few people and ran stats on their chatlog results just for fun. It has never shown any sort of statistical bias. But it is still fun to tell your players that they need to perform the correct rituals between game sessions. I'm pretty sure those rituals are hanging out on the official FG discord channel or liking a post they see about FG on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We have humored a few people and ran stats on their chatlog results just for fun. It has never shown any sort of statistical bias. But it is still fun to tell your players that they need to perform the correct rituals between game sessions. I'm pretty sure those rituals are hanging out on the official FG discord channel or liking a post they see about FG on Facebook.
    Man I have been telling mine they have to leave a pizza out for the dice gods or better yet have it delivered to the DEV's with your FG id.

when players complain about bad dice rolls in my games i always recommend changing the colour of the dice...it usually works

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    when players complain about bad dice rolls in my games i always recommend changing the colour of the dice...it usually works
    Lol - I'm always changing the dice color when they start rolling bad. In my mind it becomes using a different set of dice. That said, I wish there was a function within FG which would generate statistics like this easily to show to my players after each adventure as they like to trash talk about the other's rolls and such.

Dice are VTT-agnostic. You need to appease the Dice Gods by copious sacrifices of pizza, for it pleases them. Then MAYBE the dice would be good to you.

I have one player who has changed his dice so often based on how poorly he feels he has rolled that he thinks he is running outta colors to change too! (and it's a running joke in the group that he's going to fail every roll that is rogue related [picking locks, detecting traps, stealth, sleight of hand, et al]).

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    I have one player who has changed his dice so often based on how poorly he feels he has rolled that he thinks he is running outta colors to change too! (and it's a running joke in the group that he's going to fail every roll that is rogue related [picking locks, detecting traps, stealth, sleight of hand, et al]).
    You should get him the dice color changed extension

I did a chart in excel to compare my players' rolls (Niv has only played ~4 sessions so she has only rolled 1 once, Jian was around for about 8 sessions so also less rolls to base the percent off of).
    unknown.png

Oh, I have it....but players don't want answers to their bias complaints, they want commiseration! "The digital dice hate me!" I know, right? "The game is so rigged!" Yep, the game has it in for you! Have you thought of trying manual rolls with your own dice then? That way when decide to rage over the dice you can throw them and break things in your own room! "Oh, that's a great idea, thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    Oh, I have it....but players don't want answers to their bias complaints, they want commiseration! "The digital dice hate me!" I know, right? "The game is so rigged!" Yep, the game has it in for you! Have you thought of trying manual rolls with your own dice then? That way when decide to rage over the dice you can throw them and break things in your own room! "Oh, that's a great idea, thanks!"
    Yeah, my players didn't seem all that interested in the chart either hehe

That’s why the gods invented halflings and associated feats. As a DM I reward inspired role play and inventive descriptions of their characters actions with inspiration. If it’s an important roll they can burn an inspiration on rolling twice.

With bountiful luck many a time a 1 has been turned into a 20 with the halfling declaring his Praying for a favourable result and/or shouting ‘Hit him Johnny’.

Thread Information