DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

I was running a game on Roll20, and we all noticed one guy rolled more 1s than the rest of us put together, but I remember when I played AD&D 2nd ed on an actual tabletop, and we'd have bags of dice, and whenever we thought a particular die was being "unlucky", we'd switch it for another. A lot of old gamers had their "favorite" dice. In physical dice, there can be a certain amount of truth in every die is different, and in virtual dice it can be true depending on how they're coded, but overall, a lot of "unlucky" dice is just superstition and luck. I also play X-Com, and the RNG (random number generator) for that game is notorious.

Seems to me if you feel you are getting bad rolls and the dice rolls are based partley on the physics of the die roll. Maybe drag the die into the chat from the top rather than the botton.Change the physics of the roll.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

In FGU, the dice look like they are shot out of a canon in a pachinko machine. And still players roll the same number multiple times in a row when clicking or double clicking a roll. I tell them to drag and flick with the mouse, then the dice really hit ludicrous speed ;-)

Be interesting if you turned the mouse upside down and rolled and see what happens
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Any time they feel the digital dice are “rigged”, I recommend they switch to manual rolls, so when those suck too they can try to break something when they throw them. I also recommend they don’t aim at their monitors.

It's also fun getting the d20 to spin on it's end also.

Well, I still wonder what FG bases its seed on when dice are rolled by button clicking/double-clicking instead of mouse-movement? There is a reason why something like random.org exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Well, I still wonder what FG bases its seed on when dice are rolled by button clicking/double-clicking instead of mouse-movement? There is a reason why something like random.org exists.
    While past statistical analysis has shown pretty consistent randomness, I'm not sure if they were drag or click rolling.

I just did a few test rolls and it seems like the starting position/direction does change even without drag-rolling.
    Last edited by bmos; July 28th, 2020 at 14:53.

Granamere, the one I was able to find was the Battlestats extension (here). It doesn't track average dice rolls, but will tell you how many crit fails and crit successes each character had, along with other combat stats like damage done, enemies killed, etc.

I feel like I remember there beign other options but can't find them currently. There's always just parsing the chat log yourself and analyzing in excel.

Thread Information