5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Depends on day and time but I’d love to

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmStories View Post
    Please read the quote.
    Yeah sorry I skimmed through the first couple posts then jumped to the end lol

Quote Originally Posted by AIDED1313 View Post
    Morfadel
    Well, its Morfedel, but you want me to run?

If you are up for it, it would be lovely. Yes, please.
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
    If you are up for it, it would be lovely. Yes, please.

I might think about it. I was considering it anyway, but I kinda wanted to play.

That being said, I actually normally prefer to run games over play them. I'll see.

Does anyone have experience with running M&M 3E? I've played it live many years ago. But my XP has mainly been with HERO/Champions. Any words on how it runs? Things to watch for or avoid?

One of my favorite genres is superheroes. But I would only run one-shots/short arcs since I'm focusing on 5E atm.

Yes, I am familiar with rules and I've run a pair of one-shots for my own experience. I think it runs just like any other game system with skills and powers.

I would recommend keeping an eye out on the usual suspects:
    1. Variable can be easily abused, but it can be managed.
    2. Post- and Pre-Cognition can possibly break your plots. Not bad powers, but don't let them make things too easy.
    3. The Power Level balance is important, and is a good measure on how to estimate your opposition.
    4. I find that doing straight Damage has more impact in a game because Afflictions are hard to apply and relatively easy to break.
    5. You may on occasion need to fudge things because a bad Resistance roll can sometimes take your Master Villain out in a single 'Natural 1' roll.
    6. Minions are your friends: they are cheap, fill out the ranks, and mowing through many of them easily will make your PCs feel like they are invincible. Until they are hit real hard by the villains, and they realize that 'this fight is for real'. =)

Otherwise the best thing I can tell you is to just throw yourself in there, and begin with easy opponents for your heroes in a session Zero or session 1. This will give you a feel for how well/poorly they do, and how you can adjust.

Oh, and if you are used to Champions, you'll note that M&M 3e has a lot less "definition", meaning that the interactions between powers is far less granular than Hero System. In the spirit of that design aesthetic, take things easy on any judgement calls you may need to make as the original idea was to make the game 'easy'.

My $0.02. =)
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

I would be interested but Honestly never played M&M..I have played Champions and I can learn a new system fast. But it will depend on time and Day...
    I am in Las Vegas NV (Pacific Time Zone)

Cory

I was part of the original group. The DM ghosted everyone after his last post. I'd love to do a superhero game personally.

Thread Information