Joshua Stream Pre
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. #1

    LFP: Simple, Character Driven Campaign - D&D 5th Edition (Sat 2-5 pm Central US)

    FG License: I have ultimates for both FG and FGU
    Game System: D&D 5th Edition

    Time Zone: Central US
    Day of week and time: Saturdays from 2 pm to 5 pm (three hours)
    If new game, planned start date: TBD
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly: One Week Play Time, One Week Community Time
    Term: We will play for five sessions, break and evaluate, and decide if we want to play five more.

    Text or Voice: Good microphone and a webcam is a must.
    Voice software used: Zoom ( I have a professional account)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: I will record and might in the future post the sessions to Youtube-- we will see.

    Roleplay & Combat mix: Honestly it is up the characters you choose. Keep in mind this will be simple; I am not going all Mercer.
    Number of Players in game & needed: I don't want more than six, but I am willing to go with as little as four.
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 Start (Milestone Leveling), Standard Starting Equipment
    Character restrictions: We will ONLY be using PHB races, classes, and subclasses-- the exception is the UA Ranger. I am not against any new content, I just want to keep it simple and basic here. You are free to stick with the standard backgrounds or use the template to make your own.


    This is not a pre-made or pre-built campaign. I am doing absolutely no prep before I know who your characters are and what they want to do. I mean there is literally nothing planned--this is way different than what I have done with campaigns in the past but I am a writer and content creator. I need to keep this simple and not let things get out of hand. I also want the practice of letting a setting grow from a seed.

    - There are no maps. ( meaning Adventure world maps, there will be major boss combat maps--otherwise we will use Final Fantasy style combat for small battles)

    - There are no kingdoms or factions.

    - There are no religions.

    - There is no history.

    - There is no plot or campaign direction.

    This will not be a sanbox hex-crawler. There will be a direction once we have players and I know their characters and what they want. I do not intend to make a map and I do not plan to get too detailed about kingdom/faction backgrounds. I will try to make very interesting NPCs to interact with, which will hopefully make up for the lack of innovation elsewhere. This campaign could also be episodic, meaning that there are small stretches of downtime between each arc the party pursues.


    DM/Player Expectations

    1. Please read everything above. If you don't bother to read, I can't keep you--sorry.

    2. You must be above the age of 26, I just want a more mature game.

    3. No murder-hobos. Zero tolerance.

    4. Please be willing to be a part of at least five-game and community building sessions. Community building sessions are opportunities for us to talk to one another, give feedback, discuss future direction, and just to hang out. The best games come from players who are comfortable with one another--I want that to be a priority.

    5. I want a diverse game because those games are just better games. I am looking for people of all stripes--so if you are not okay with diversity and with differing perspectives do not bother to apply to this game.

    6. Rather than ban all the -isms, there will be an open opportunity to call out the DM/players if they say something that you consider to be offensive or if we going into an area that is perhaps a trigger for you. We will need to be open to the correction and try to apologize and approach the situation differently. If you get defensive when someone calls you out, please do not apply for this game.

    7. We will develop a list of things we will not have inside the game. These could include traumatic experiences, phobias, offensive language (whether cursing or not), themes, etc. The DM and players will stay away from anything on that list and if we accidentally stray into something on the list, there will be a warning signal.

    8. Try to be on time, starting ten minutes late may not seem like such a big deal but three hours go by fast.

    9. Overall, I expect people to treat each other with decency and respect. We are adults and we should settle our differences amicably. Sometimes that means someone has to leave the game--it happens. I want it done as politely and lovingly as possible.



    If you have not been scared off by the above description, reply to this thread with the following:


    You First Name

    Sex/Ethnicity

    Your Age

    Why do you want to join this game?

    What sort of concerns/questions do you have?


    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by Williebemacin; September 14th, 2020 at 14:07.

  2. #2
    Mike
    Male white
    35
    I'm looking for a game to join

    The only concern I might have is with the maps I just like a visual to see where we are going and lay out of the land

  3. #3
    Hey Mike!

    To answer your concern, I will be giving general directions about where everything is as you journey. I encourage the party to make maps even if they are only abstract to give them an idea of regions and so forth. Thanks for showing interest.

  4. #4
    Phillip
    Male/Hispanic
    44YOA
    Why: I'm a retired educator who runs a regular Saturday Night game. Luckily we start after your 5pm finish time; also Central Time. I'm always the DM, so I never get to play. I've got a couple of really interesting character ideas I'm excited to play.
    Concern: I have a headset and microphone but have never owned a webcam. I am willing to buy one though. I'm just curious why it's a must for you. Also, cannot stay past the posted 5 pm finish time as I have to drive to my local game at 6. If you ever decide to run anything during the week, I'm always available.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwrack View Post
    Phillip
    Male/Hispanic
    44YOA
    Why: I'm a retired educator who runs a regular Saturday Night game. Luckily we start after your 5pm finish time; also Central Time. I'm always the DM, so I never get to play. I've got a couple of really interesting character ideas I'm excited to play.
    Concern: I have a headset and microphone but have never owned a webcam. I am willing to buy one though. I'm just curious why it's a must for you. Also, cannot stay past the posted 5 pm finish time as I have to drive to my local game at 6. If you ever decide to run anything during the week, I'm always available.
    Hey Phillip! I believe it is good to see facial expressions and gestures when possible--it adds to the roleplay experience. I am also willing to start the game an hour earlier if that works best for people. Thanks for showing interest!

  6. #6
    Sure thing. Let me know when/if I'm accepted to the group and I'll run out and buy a web cam.

  7. #7
    Thomas
    White Male
    32

    I would want to join because the concept of world building as a group as always been interesting to me. Also, I've hardly gotten to play during my time and have mostly just DM'd.

    I also really like the respect for others seems to be a high priority, along with diversity. As a gay man I hope that I could add a little additional diversity myself as well. I look forward to what everyone would be able to create.

  8. #8
    hello Mike

    white male
    50

    I also do not own a webcam but am willing to buy one just give me a time to get one. I am interested in playing because I have run game for 30 years and no one seems to be willing to run. I find myself burnt out on GMing and would really like to try playing

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasnaz View Post
    Thomas
    White Male
    32

    I would want to join because the concept of world building as a group as always been interesting to me. Also, I've hardly gotten to play during my time and have mostly just DM'd.

    I also really like the respect for others seems to be a high priority, along with diversity. As a gay man I hope that I could add a little additional diversity myself as well. I look forward to what everyone would be able to create.

    Absolutely Thomas! Group world-building is new to me as well, and honestly kind of scary but I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by espanRebel View Post
    hello Mike

    white male
    50

    I also do not own a webcam but am willing to buy one just give me a time to get one. I am interested in playing because I have run game for 30 years and no one seems to be willing to run. I find myself burnt out on GMing and would really like to try playing
    Hey Mike! Yeah I hear that a lot from DMs, seems to be too few of us and too many people who want to play. Personally, I'd rather DM than play--but I do occasionally get the itch to play.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in