DICE PACKS BUNDLE

RE: New Players Observations

Hello Everyone,

First, as new players, my group loves Fantasy Grounds Unity. It has a real immersive quality to it, as well as having a lot tools for the players and GM to use. However, we have run into a lot of issues with the UI of this program. Its seems to have a lack of intuitive structure to it. I wish there were simple documents listing, in numerical order, the procedural steps when loading, creating a campaign, and creating characters. We watched the videos, and read the documents, but they were a little obtuse and diffuse in their explanations. We also struggled on how to load the maps so that everyone can see them...the players load the map that the GM shares...we thought the GM had to load the map.

Nevertheless, FGU is a great program that we are still discovering and kudos to Fantasy Grounds.

P.S. Anyone know why the armor and weapons are not loading into the character sheet. I have bought armor that is not being shown on the sheet, and my weapon proficiencies are not been adding to my sheet--my strength is the only stat. that is being added to the "to hit" roll. Also, on the combat section of the character sheet, I don't see any weapon listed to use....

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ulton; July 26th, 2020 at 06:32.

Which game system are you playing? Every game system has it's own ruleset (i.e framework) that defines how it functions for everything.

There are some basic features that are generally shared by most frameworks; and those are documented in the wiki.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s/FGU/overview

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

We are playing Pathfinder 2e.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulton View Post
    We also struggled on how to load the maps so that everyone can see them...the players load the map that the GM shares...we thought the GM had to load the map.
    The GM should have access to every thing they have loaded (or manually entered) into their game.
    The modules (in the library) are they only thing that needs to be loaded. Once the GM has the modules loaded then the players have access to them (the modules can be flagged as to whether a player can have access); BUT it is up to the player whether THEY load the modules. It is possible they have no interest in the module "Armor's for the Discerning Fighter" because they are a wizard so they dont want that armor rubbish cluttering up their item list.
    HOWEVER All the players REALLY need to make sure they have also loaded the "Pathfinder 2e Handbook" Module!! (Which the GM has loaded in to their Game beforehand. A player can only load modules thats the GM has already loaded)
    If the players dont load this module they WONT have access to any of its Data!

MAPS! so if the GM has a map that is loaded in from a module (or manually) put in their campaign, they can share that map by either right-clicking on it and then selecting the SHARE icon on the pop-up menu OR they can drag the map to a individual player (then ONLY that player has the map, maybe they are the guide of the party?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulton View Post
    Anyone know why the armor and weapons are not loading into the character sheet. I have bought armor that is not being shown on the sheet, and my weapon proficiencies are not been adding to my sheet--my strength is the only stat. that is being added to the "to hit" roll. Also, on the combat section of the character sheet, I don't see any weapon listed to use....
    ARMOR The armor should be in your inventory. If not drag it from the Items (menu button on right opens this).
    On the right side of the Inventory line of the armor there is a little brown circle. this is where you don or doff your armor.
    Click on that brown circle until it have a icon of a Breastplate in it (circle can be Breastplate (equipped),Bag (carried) or empty (you dont have it on you. Maybe that 50ft rope is back on the horse?).
    If the armor isn't equipped, it's stats wont appear on your combat tab.
    IF it is equipped make sure the proficiency (a little square in the equation line is set to T for trained and NOT -)

Also are the proficiencies showing for your armors n the little window bottom left? (Light armor, Medium armor etc)?

WEAPONS dont appear in the combat tab, they appear in the action tab.
    Same thing here as with armor ensure the weapon is in your inventory and that its Equipped
    Last edited by Willot; July 27th, 2020 at 00:45.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Hi,

This is really helpful. Thank you very much. You have helped us a lot. Please keep well and happy gaming.

Thread Information