FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 45 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Exactly this! The plan is to first make it so that togging PC visibility doesn't make the PC invisible to their player. I haven't looked into it yet so it might be infeasible, but I think it would be great for avoiding metagaming.
    Basically, when I see a player hit another player with AoE accidentally I will consider my plan a success

Great effect! Hadn't thought of that one. While it does make it easier, it doesn't fix the problem of everyone being able to see the token.
    I might have been misunderstanding how the IFT stuff works, is it possible to use it like that? Would the NPC need to be targeting their attacker for the effect to be applied?
    ah, you meant the token visibility

Yes, you can use the effect like this, I coded NIFT in such a way that the effect is always applied (also when having no target), except when you have a target with certain effects (like see in the example above) Therefore NIFT was not as straightforward to code as one thinks because I wanted that the effect also applies when having no target (I think this is the natural expected behaviour) such that I could not simply invert the IFT behaviour (the latter only would (maybe) apply the effect when having a target)

I think MoreCore actually has that "reroll 1s" logic, so it's certainly doable to bring that sort of thing to PF/3.5E.
    That being said, it's probably quite an endeavor to add that sort of functionality for only a few abilities that use that approach.

My list right now is quite long, but I will consider it in the future. (none of these are in any way promised but here is where my head is at):

Psychic duels (I'm playing a psychic now)
    Invisibility (including to allies) which would also need see invisibility
    Animal companions
    A 'loaded' indicator for crossbows and firearms (to track whether the action has been used to reload)
    Automatic rolling for variable onset, freq, durations in disease tracker
    PF Crit and Fumble decks instead of just the 3.5E tables
    I was hoping it would be a quick fix, like making a custom dice by calling or copy existion code. Where you could do an ugly quick fix like
    Foreach (customdice1)
    If (customdice1= 1)
    Customdice1.value = customdice1.value + 1

But it might not be that easy.

Psychic duals would be fun, I also play as a psychic now (actually a tiny ratfolk psychic wich spends most of its time as a gaseous form since I can cast psychic spells as a gas cloud)

This week is a little slower on the features because I spend most of my time on copy/paste module creation.:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-tuesday-40481974
    Last edited by bmos; September 8th, 2020 at 12:20.

This week is a little slower on the features because I spend most of my time on copy/paste module creation.

• Item Durability v2.0.1 now reduces the item's value/cost while items are damaged, clearly tags broken items, penalizes shields as both armor AND a weapon (for shield bashing when using Advanced Character Inventory Manager extension), blacklists positive/negative energy as permissible damage types against objects, and fixes two bugs.
    • Disease Tracker v1.5.0 is the much-requested 'library expansion' which makes the process of adding diseases and poisons to characters much simpler. It also adds a toggle between auto rolling or prompting for a roll in chat (for players that like to click their own buttons).
    • That module creation I mentioned was creating this: v1.0.0 of Maladies Library, a collection of pre-entered poisons and diseases.
    • Live Hitpoints v1.2.4 adds the correct toughness behavior for 3.5E (previous version used Pathfinder rules) and adjusts the UI a little by re-sizing the 'ability stat used' field.
    • Total Encumbrance v2.0.4 is a bug-fix for a "recursive node event error".
    • I also spent time updating a conversion of the PFRPG Critical Hit and Fumble decks module to improve the experience, but am waiting to see if the original author responds before I post it.
    Maladies Library link is 404 for me

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Maladies Library link is 404 for me
    oops! still had that one set to private. try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yes, they also have an actions tab which is very similar to the PC one The wiki is a bit misleading about that, in other rulesets (especially 5e) the [] tags only works for PCs because only there is an actions tab. NPCs do normally not have something like this. But 3.5e/PF1 has the exceptional NPC sheet with an actions tab! And so, we can do some more advanced stuff (but 3.5e/PF1 has the disadvantage that its NPC sheets have no native spell parser as in 5e. But I prefer an actions tab as in PC sheets rather than messing with using the correct syntax of sentences to make my NPC spells work. Especially because you can simply drag&drop spells into the actions tabs, also of NPCs)
    I have tested this, and pc only things like lvl, bab, str, etc only works if you apply the effects from the specific npc.

When summoning monster you want to apply the effect from the pc sheet (since there is no automation if you have to edit in the effect in the npc sheet before using it)

Now if somebody could alter the summon natures ally and summon monster module with these effects that would be awsome. Or make the pc only effects like bab and lvl apply even if you apply them from a pc to a npc

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I have tested this, and pc only things like lvl, bab, str, etc only works if you apply the effects from the specific npc.

When summoning monster you want to apply the effect from the pc sheet (since there is no automation if you have to edit in the effect in the npc sheet before using it)

Now if somebody could alter the summon natures ally and summon monster module with these effects that would be awsome. Or make the pc only effects like bab and lvl apply even if you apply them from a pc to a npc
    ah, oki, yeah, the tags always use the caster's values, not the target's one Yeah, the summoned monster modules would need to be adjusted for example

Here's everything from this week:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-tuesday-8-40732129

I should also mention that the disease tracker rolls need a compatibility update to Kelrugem's Advanced Effects extension or the roll results don't show up in chat (the dice do though).
    Last edited by bmos; September 8th, 2020 at 12:17.

I should also mention that the disease tracker rolls need a compatibility update to Kelrugem's Advanced Effects extension or the roll results don't show up in chat (the dice do though).
    I make them compatible soon When I get a bit air with respect to my PhD (since I only need to update some small piece of code, I should be able to quickly add that soon )

No pressure, just warning everyone since the issue has been reported to me

Thread Information