STAR TREK 2d20
Page 36 of 45 First ... 263435363738 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks to RussischerZar on discord for help replicating the issue.

That's me

Yup. That's why SmiteWorks modules don't cost much/any more than the PDF or book copies; the conversion authors don't get a lot for their work.
    IMO best practice is to convert modules you personally want to run so that it serves to give you some compensation for work you were doing anyway It then also encourages you to do it extra well for your players
    Any pointers to get started in this area - there are some PF1e modules I'd maybe look at for the group I play with? [Apologies for hijacking your posts/threads]

Quote Originally Posted by thebrownjumper View Post
    Any pointers to get started in this area - there are some PF1e modules I'd maybe look at for the group I play with? [Apologies for hijacking your posts/threads]
    My advice is to look over purchased modules closely to see how they do it. Then build a new campaign with no extensions and add all the images and NPCs like they did. There are some tools that you can use to import statblocks via copy/paste, but IMO doing it manually is best for accuracy and completeness.
    SmiteWorks has a bunch of guidance for community devs who want to convert modules, but I think you have to sign up with them before it's accessible. I'm pretty sure I signed up by emailing James Holloway at jholloway [at] smiteworks [dot] com.

Ammunition Manager v3.6
    * Ruleset updates for 4E, PFRPG, and 5E. Should improve compatibility with other extensions.
    Click here to see raw code changes

My advice is to look over purchased modules closely to see how they do it. Then build a new campaign with no extensions and add all the images and NPCs like they did. There are some tools that you can use to import statblocks via copy/paste, but IMO doing it manually is best for accuracy and completeness.
    SmiteWorks has a bunch of guidance for community devs who want to convert modules, but I think you have to sign up with them before it's accessible. I'm pretty sure I signed up by emailing James Holloway at jholloway [at] smiteworks [dot] com.
    Thanks BMOS that is really really helpful.

Aura Effect v1.11
    * FROMAURA effects will no longer contain "(C)". This should resolve an issue in 5E where performing some actions would cause actors to lose their FROMAURA effect until they next moved. Thanks to Kindran and nephranka.
    * This fix might have also resolve the Polymorph extension incompatibility. I have not tested this assumption.

Advanced Effects for Pathfinder v1.11
    * Special Abilities can now have effects added to them. They will be included in module exports.
    * Advanced Effects UI no longer shown in read-only nodes.

Upgrade NPC Actions v1.20-hotfix.2
    * Breath weapons should actually disallow spell resistance now.
    Last edited by bmos; June 27th, 2022 at 23:06.

Advanced Effects for Pathfinder v1.12
    * Effect builder now works again.
    * Misc attack bonuses can now apply only to melee or attack.
    * Effects can now be dragged into advanced effect windows.
    * Advanced effects can now be dragged out (drag the details button).
    * Removed a ton of unused code.
    Last edited by bmos; June 27th, 2022 at 23:11.

I have posted builds of Advanced Effects, Live Hitpoints, and Upgrade NPC actions to the TEST channel in preparation for the new July ruleset updates.
    Last edited by bmos; July 9th, 2022 at 12:43.

Upgrade NPC Actions v1.21
    * Don't parse automated abilities for modules from Tanor. Maladies and spell effects will still be automated.
    * Avoid potential edge case where spells could be re-parsed when clicking a different option in radial menu.

Thread Information