STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 45 First 1234513 ... Last
    An usefull extension would be to check caster level vs hit dice/level.
    Spells like colour spray, holy word etc.

Like:
    Ift: casterLevel-hitDice >5; paralyzed

You might need something like this anyway if you want to do constitution damage/boost for npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    An usefull extension would be to check caster level vs hit dice/level.
    Spells like colour spray, holy word etc.

Like:
    Ift: casterLevel-hitDice >5; paralyzed

You might need something like this anyway if you want to do constitution damage/boost for npcs.
    Oh, interesting!
    This would allow spells to have a HD limit? That sounds very useful as there are many of those (like sleep).
    Definitely something I'll have to look into, assuming I can implement in a way that is compatible with Kelrugem's effects (there are so many useful pieces to that extension that I would hate to exclude it).
    Last edited by bmos; July 29th, 2020 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Oh, interesting!
    This would allow spells to have a HD limit? That sounds very useful as there are many of those (like sleep).
    Definitely something I'll have to look into, assuming I can implement in a way that is compatible with Kelrugem's effects (there are so many useful pieces to that extension that I would hate to exclude it).
    That is actually really important to us, Kelrugem has many usefull extensions.

Also I would add CR to the list to check for.
    And adding things together in effects.

This would also allow better effects for summon monster.
    Spell reststance is CR+5 Resistances goes up with hit dice. The final effect for summon monster would be something like this:
    (SR is spell resistance from kels extension)

SR: CR+5; RESIST: 5 cold; IF: HD>4; RESIST: 10 cold; DR: 5 good; IF: HD>11; RESIST:15 cold; DR: 10 good

And smite:
    smite
    IFT: custom (smite); IFT: align(good); ATK: [cha]; DMG: HD
    Last edited by Svandal; July 29th, 2020 at 19:05.

That'd be a template adder, basically. Also the HD checker would help for spells like Holy Word.

But the one extension I'd probably welcome the most would be a conditional conditional :P Now we have "IF/IFT", which in my opinion would sadly need an "OR" feature.
    Specifically for sneak attacking, but pretty much for anything else.
    "iFT: nodex; DMG: 4d6 precision". I'd be better as "IFT: nodex OR IF: CUSTOM (flanking); DMG: 4d6 precision" where "flanking" would be just a custom effect to slap on a character like "flanking; ATK: 2". The precision damage would then trigger on either a nodex target, OR when the acting character has the "flanking" effect on.

As things are now with the standard coding, you have to use both in two different lines (one effect for nodex, one for flanking) which tends to generate issues such as "you're flanking a flat-footed opponent, so I'll roll sneak attack twice".

Or also something like "IFT: flat-footed OR climbing" for the effect to return true on either of them (right now you're either again forced to make two separate lines, or set "IFT: flat-footed, climbing" that would only return true on a character that's flat-footed WHILE climbing)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    That'd be a template adder, basically. Also the HD checker would help for spells like Holy Word.

But the one extension I'd probably welcome the most would be a conditional conditional :P Now we have "IF/IFT", which in my opinion would sadly need an "OR" feature.
    Specifically for sneak attacking, but pretty much for anything else.
    "iFT: nodex; DMG: 4d6 precision". I'd be better as "IFT: nodex OR IF: CUSTOM (flanking); DMG: 4d6 precision" where "flanking" would be just a custom effect to slap on a character like "flanking; ATK: 2". The precision damage would then trigger on either a nodex target, OR when the acting character has the "flanking" effect on.

As things are now with the standard coding, you have to use both in two different lines (one effect for nodex, one for flanking) which tends to generate issues such as "you're flanking a flat-footed opponent, so I'll roll sneak attack twice".

Or also something like "IFT: flat-footed OR climbing" for the effect to return true on either of them (right now you're either again forced to make two separate lines, or set "IFT: flat-footed, climbing" that would only return true on a character that's flat-footed WHILE climbing)
    I am already thinking about adding this OR ability, since IFTAG already has this Should be not difficult to add this for other operators, too (I honestly just always forget to integrate it... )

About HD: There is some code already measuring this, also used for [LVL] I think one can use this code for calling the HD/levels of (N)PC

yeah, the "OR" would be a TAOS (True Act Of Salvation) :°D there are so many things giving me headaches to set because of that :P (such as I said, sneak attack).

You can use square brackets for NPCs??
    That would be amazing, I'll have to test that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You can use square brackets for NPCs??
    That would be amazing, I'll have to test that.
    Yes, they also have an actions tab which is very similar to the PC one The wiki is a bit misleading about that, in other rulesets (especially 5e) the [] tags only works for PCs because only there is an actions tab. NPCs do normally not have something like this. But 3.5e/PF1 has the exceptional NPC sheet with an actions tab! And so, we can do some more advanced stuff (but 3.5e/PF1 has the disadvantage that its NPC sheets have no native spell parser as in 5e. But I prefer an actions tab as in PC sheets rather than messing with using the correct syntax of sentences to make my NPC spells work. Especially because you can simply drag&drop spells into the actions tabs, also of NPCs)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 30th, 2020 at 04:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I am already thinking about adding this OR ability, since IFTAG already has this Should be not difficult to add this for other operators, too (I honestly just always forget to integrate it... )

About HD: There is some code already measuring this, also used for [LVL] I think one can use this code for calling the HD/levels of (N)PC
    As I am setting up effects for a rogue with precise strike, underfoot assault, titan's bane and of course sneak attack I find myself really wishing an "or" was available in the (N)IF(T)stuff.

Big updates! Enjoy!

Live HP from CON now does NPCs (new feature, can't wait for the bug reports )
    Disease/poison tracker now auto-rolls based on passing time (if you use clock adjuster extension)

lots of little (and not so little) fixes and improvements to all of them. see the download page for each extension for more complete information! good night!

Patreon post:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/40081695
    Last edited by bmos; August 4th, 2020 at 13:08.

Thread Information