DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 45 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Ammunition Manager v1.16
    * Break masterwork bone weapons on natural 1
    * Fix issue where broken items were not being destroyed on second natural 1.
    * Post public chat messages visible to all.
    * Post chat messages when the weapon breaks or is destroyed.
    Click here to see raw code changes

I can't get this formula to work to prepare my paladin NPCs in the Advanced effect extension:

Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN(evil);IFT: custom(smite); ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [CL]; AC: [CA] deflection; DMGTYPE: bypass

The effect doesn't pick the charisma nor the CL. Maybe it could pick up the creature's HD instead to emulate a CL for the effect to work?
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 20th, 2021 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    I can't get this formula to work to prepare my paladin NPCs in the Advanced effect extension:

Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN(evil);IFT: custom(smite); ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [CL]; AC: [CA] deflection; DMGTYPE: bypass

The effect doesn't pick the charisma nor the CL. Maybe it could pick up the creature's HD instead to emulate a CL for the effect to work?
    This extension is essentially based on Celestian's code, and that code does not support PC tags for item effects (would be difficult to code, since items may be carried for a long time such that these effects would be needed to be updated regularly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    that code does not support PC tags for item effects
    This is true, although it would be nice to add. I'll put it on the wishlist for future investigation.
    I would recommend setting up Smite Evil as a power/spell action. You can then use player effect removal to have an add/remove option for the player and a second effect to apply the bonus damage on first hit against appropriate creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Smite-Target ([TARGET], 1 day duration)
    Smite; IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-Target); IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: force; ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]; AC: [CHA] deflection ([SELF], 1 day duration, must be dragged onto the target while holding shift)
    Smite Bonus; IFT: CUSTOM(Smite-Target); IFT: ALIGN(evil); TYPE(evil, dragon, undead); DMG: [LVL] ([SELF], "apply each once", short duration recommended)
    Last edited by bmos; May 20th, 2021 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Interesting. ActionOnly is working for me.
    What effect are you applying action only to?
    I tried "IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 4", also "IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 4d6" and even "ATK: 1", "keen" and "DMG: 1d6 fire".

they don't work with the action only thing, it's as if it's not there (if I just copy-paste the effect on a character on the tracker, it works but everytime)

With the first IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 4; I get [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_35E.lua"]:998: attempt to call global 'checkConditionalHelper' (a nil value)

The "IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 4d6" the "ATK: 1" the "keen" and the "DMG: 1d6 fire" works for me without issue with Action Only

Do you have every extension up to date?

With the first IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 4; I get [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_35E.lua"]:998: attempt to call global 'checkConditionalHelper' (a nil value)
    Which extension is this a bug report for?

Do you have every extension up to date?
    I believe so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I tried "IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 4", also "IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 4d6" and even "ATK: 1", "keen" and "DMG: 1d6 fire".

they don't work with the action only thing, it's as if it's not there (if I just copy-paste the effect on a character on the tracker, it works but everytime)
    I think you might be using it wrong.
    When you add an effect to an item you have to un-equip/re-equip it before the effects are added. Then the effects marked ActionOnly should only be parsed when attacking/damaging with that specific weapon.
    I have not tested it with conditionals like IFT.

I believe so, yes.
    Oh, that was a question for Asgurgolas ^^

Also, here are some images of the issue that comes from the Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder Extension while using the IFT: custom( ) effect

ErrorLog.jpg
    ErrorLog2.jpg

The error occurs when I try to attack with the creature

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I tried "IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 4", also "IFT: TYPE (undead); DMG: 4d6"

Here are some images of the issue that comes from the Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder Extension while using the IFT: custom( ) effect

ErrorLog.jpg
    ErrorLog2.jpg

The error occurs when I try to attack with the creature
    I have tested and comfirmed. Thank you both for pointing out the issue.
    ATK and DMG both work currently when used by themselves, but I probably have a typo or something regarding conditionals.
    Will figure it out and make it work next

I've pushed a hotfix for conditionals to Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder.
    Please re-download v1.4.

Thread Information