Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
  1. #1
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    636

    bmos' extensions

    I'm starting to have a lot of these and my signature is filling up!
    Taking a page from Kelrugem's book, here is a thread for all of my extensions.
    If you have a suggestion for a new extension, this would be a great place to put it (although I may not have time/interest; no promises!).

    Each forum post has a few links. Here is an overview of what you will find on the Extension Homepage of each of them:
    1. Overview / Description / Intro
    2. Compatibility Notes (versions of FGC, FGU, and any extensions that have known issues)
    3. Feature List
    4. Video or Image Example

    PFRPG Total Encumbrance Extension
    PFRPG Live Hitpoints from Constitution Extension
    PFRPG Sanity Tracker Extension
    PFRPG Spell Formatting Extension
    PFRPG Disease Tracker Extension
    PFRPG Item Durability Extension
    PFRPG Extra Stat to Saves Extension
    PFRPG Spell Failure Extension
    PFRPG Ability Drain and Permanent Bonuses
    PFRPG Loaded Indicator

    Patreon is paused temporarily (it will not auto-bill until it is resumed) as I learn whether I am allowed to accept donations for my work here. Thank you for your support.

    Future Ideas (no promises):
    • Hotkey slot combos
    • Invisibility that applies to allies without see invisibility
    • Unidentified costs
    • Effects that expire based on in-game time (hours and minutes rather than just rounds)
    • Potion/scroll/oil maker
    Last edited by bmos; September 18th, 2020 at 17:43.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Thank you very much for your work, these are amazing!

  4. #4
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm starting to have a lot of these and my signature is filling up!
    Taking a page from Kelrugem's book, here is a thread for all of my extensions.
    If you have a suggestion for a new extension, this would be a great place to put it (although I may not have time/interest; no promises!).

    PFRPG Total Encumbrance Extension
    PFRPG Live Hitpoints from Constitution Extension
    PFRPG Sanity Tracker Extension
    PFRPG Spell Formatting Extension
    PFRPG Disease Tracker Extension
    PFRPG Item Durability Extension
    I could see making saving-throws for a fireball!

  5. #5
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    785
    A while back I made a spreadsheet to calculate Hardness and Hitpoints of items. Here it is.

    Hardness and Hitpoints.zip

    It would be cool to generate these numbers automatically. When I created "+1 Breastplate" with custom item generator for example afterward I use spreadsheet and calculate a Hardness of 12 and Hit Points of 15 for a metal breastplate +1.

    Now we have a spot to enter the cool information.

    +1 Breastplate.jpg

    "bmos" thanks much.

  6. #6
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    A while back I made a spreadsheet to calculate Hardness and Hitpoints of items. Here it is.

    Hardness and Hitpoints.zip

    It would be cool to generate these numbers automatically. When I created "+1 Breastplate" with custom item generator for example afterward I use spreadsheet and calculate a Hardness of 12 and Hit Points of 15 for a metal breastplate +1.

    Now we have a spot to enter the cool information.

    +1 Breastplate.jpg

    "bmos" thanks much.
    I would love to do something like this, but I can't imagine how it would work without making a database of materials used to make different items.
    Currently I've been focusing on broken weapon/armor penalties (just finished with weapons), but let me know if you have ideas on how hardness can be calculated.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #7
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I would love to do something like this, but I can't imagine how it would work without making a database of materials used to make different items.
    Currently I've been focusing on broken weapon/armor penalties (just finished with weapons), but let me know if you have ideas on how hardness can be calculated.
    The only thought that comes to mind is the "CustomisedItemGenerator modified.ext" extension by rmilmine based on Faelwen's "CustomisedItemGenerator.ext". It only modifies weapons and armor, but Special Materials and Size are incorporated in the item creation process. The only thing that I don't see consistently in current items is the type of categories mentioned in the damaging items page.

    The data in the "Type" and/or "Subtype" field may have to be referenced or overwritten with values in the "Table: Common Armor, Weapon, and Shield Hardness and Hit Points" for example. It almost seems like a separate field may be needed, because "Subtype" field is also used to describe weapon types in terms of "Simple", Martial" or "Exotic". I hope that helps.

    P.S. The guidance for other items like rings, bracers etc., seems to be worse, the only table that I would use to start the calculation is the "Table: Substance Hardness and Hit Points" plus add bonuses for pluses?

    Also a question, do special weapon qualities such as "Keen", "Vorpal", etc., add bonuses to item hitpoints and hardness, I only see the "enhancement bonus" mentioned?

  8. #8
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    The only thought that comes to mind is the "CustomisedItemGenerator modified.ext" extension by rmilmine based on Faelwen's "CustomisedItemGenerator.ext". It only modifies weapons and armor, but Special Materials and Size are incorporated in the item creation process. The only thing that I don't see consistently in current items is the type of categories mentioned in the damaging items page.

    The data in the "Type" and/or "Subtype" field may have to be referenced or overwritten with values in the "Table: Common Armor, Weapon, and Shield Hardness and Hit Points" for example. It almost seems like a separate field may be needed, because "Subtype" field is also used to describe weapon types in terms of "Simple", Martial" or "Exotic". I hope that helps.

    P.S. The guidance for other items like rings, bracers etc., seems to be worse, the only table that I would use to start the calculation is the "Table: Substance Hardness and Hit Points" plus add bonuses for pluses?

    Also a question, do special weapon qualities such as "Keen", "Vorpal", etc., add bonuses to item hitpoints and hardness, I only see the "enhancement bonus" mentioned?
    Until I have a way to auto-generate hardness and hitpoints, I'm not automating any bonuses to those numbers (since you'll be filling them in manually anyway).
    I could auto-fill a few of the items on the list, based on their names, but it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the total number of items that exist.
    The thought of sorting what weapons are One-handed hafted weapon vs Two-handed hafted weapon vs Light hafted weapon vs One-handed metal-hafted weapon vs Light metal-hafted weapon vs Two-handed blade vs One-handed blade vs Light blade vs Projectile weapon (and the same type of thing for all armor types) is not appealing to me.

    If someone wants to make spreadsheets of everything, I'll consider implementing it, but without such labor-intensive efforts I just don't see a favorably rules-compliant solution beyond having fields for material and weapon type that generate the result when you fill them out. Would that be easier/helpful?
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  9. #9
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    636
    I think I've figured out a good solution!
    Just putting some finishing touches on it now.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  10. #10
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I think I've figured out a good solution!
    Just putting some finishing touches on it now.
    Very nice!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in