Joshua Stream Pre
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    cool!

    since it now works with Enhanced Items, what are the chances it will work with rmilmine's Customised Item Generator in the future/what's required?
    Is it working with Enhanced Items now? I don't think it should be but that's great if it is!

    The issue with these extensions is that we both replace a certain file (item_main.lua). To make them compatible, I would need to make my extension load after those and then modify that file to pass along the right stuff if others are loaded. Similar to what rmilmine had to do to facilitate Enhanced Items.
    Last edited by bmos; July 27th, 2020 at 11:45.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Is it working with Enhanced Items now? I don't think it should be but that's great if it is!

    The issue with these extensions is that we both replace a certain file (item_main.lua). To make them compatible, I would need to make my extension load after those and then modify that file to pass along the right stuff if others are loaded. Similar to what rmilmine had to do to facilitate Enhanced Items.
    ah, It may not be I was but it might not

    yeah, I can see the difference in documentation... !

    changing load order, does that mess any other dependencies up?

  3. #23
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I figured this would be harder... 7 hours later it's pretty much done (other than fixing whatever bugs I haven't found yet).
    Thanks to dellanx for the ideas and motivation

    EDIT: I had a typo; it was working for armor and items but not weapons.
    Here is latest version:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Ite...ses/tag/v1.2.1

    EDIT 2: I added almost all the other material types!
    Here is latest version:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Ite...ses/tag/v1.2.2
    Thank you "bmos", very nice. Was playing with a darkwood shield this morning. Used wood for material type, changes hardness and hitpoint based on enhancement bonus. Type: Armor; Subtype: Shields, worked like a charm.

  4. #24
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    ah, It may not be I was but it might not

    yeah, I can see the difference in documentation... !

    changing load order, does that mess any other dependencies up?
    Load order doesn't really help, any order results in stuff being broken

    But I'm figuring it out.

    Progress (none of this is released yet):
    DONE - Enhanced Items v4
    GETTING THERE - Advanced Character Inventory Manager
    DONE - Customized Item Generator
    Last edited by bmos; July 27th, 2020 at 15:45.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  5. #25
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    792
    There are a few dividers in the UI that show up when they shouldn't, but I think I have it all working
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Ite...ses/tag/v1.3.0
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  6. #26
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    There are a few dividers in the UI that show up when they shouldn't, but I think I have it all working
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Ite...ses/tag/v1.3.0
    It does not give errors with Customized Item Generator or Enhanced Items extensions. The bonus no longer seem to influence the hardness or hit-points.
    dagger.jpg


    Hardness Add +2 for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.

    hp Add 10 hp for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.

    The thickness and size working well.

  7. #27
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    It does not give errors with Customized Item Generator or Enhanced Items extensions. The bonus no longer seem to influence the hardness or hit-points.
    dagger.jpg


    Hardness Add +2 for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.

    hp Add 10 hp for each +1 enhancement bonus of magic items.

    The thickness and size working well.
    Oh, I had not realized this also applies to non-armor.
    I will make it effect weapons too
    I also just finished writing an option to have it delete items when then are destroyed, although the default is still just to unequip it

    Do you think it should be added before the size multiplier or after?
    Last edited by bmos; July 27th, 2020 at 21:50.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  8. #28
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Oh, I had not realized this also applies to non-armor.
    I will make it effect weapons too
    I also just finished writing an option to have it delete items when then are destroyed, although the default is still just to unequip it
    I wonder if it applies to rings? Not sure there. I think my my real life Katana is about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch thick in the Sori, which is on the back type of the blade, never measured that. I will have to one of these days. The thickness on a European type blade would be in the middle I imagine. Very impressive. I am sure armor has thickness also. I am sure these types of real life figures may be found online. Thank you bmos.

  9. #29
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I wonder if it applies to rings? Not sure there. I think my my real life Katana is about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch thick in the Sori, which is on the back type of the blade, never measured that. I will have to one of these days. The thickness on a European type blade would be in the middle I imagine. Very impressive. I am sure armor has thickness also. I am sure these types of real life figures may be found online. Thank you bmos.
    armor doesn't have thickness within the pathfinder rules, it just uses 5x AC bonous (since thickness would be directly related to AC).
    I've found that a dagger should be entered as .125" (1/8") and a greatsword should be around .33" (1/3"). These values return approx. the recommended/reference values from Paizo's chart.

    do rings get an enhancement bonus?
    Last edited by bmos; July 27th, 2020 at 22:12.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  10. #30
    dellanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    armor doesn't have thickness within the pathfinder rules, it just uses 5x AC bonous (since thickness would be directly related to AC).
    I've found that a dagger should be entered as .125" (1/8") and a greatsword should be around .33" (1/3"). These values return approx. the recommended/reference values from Paizo's chart.

    do rings get an enhancement bonus?
    Started to say yes, but then checked and Ring of Protection has a deflection bonus. So I found this. According to that, the Natural armor bonus on Amulet of Natural armor is enhancement, but the bonus on a Ring of Protection is deflection?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in