FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

PFRPG Item Durability

This extension calculates and tracks the hardness, hitpoints, and damaged state of items.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2021 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This extension adds hardness, hitpoints, and damage boxes to item sheets. Damage rolled can be dragged to the item damage field to have hardness subtracted and the damaged added to the previous field contents. If the damage is energy damage, it is divided in half before removing hardness.

Extension Homepage
    Download
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

If you find this extension of value and would like to contribute to my work, please consider joining my Patreon.
    Uuh, nice, thanks Does it also make a difference in what type of energy is used? (it is not always halved, depending on energy type) Or is this maybe just a 3.5e thing to treat different energy types differently for such a thing? (I slowly learn the slight differences! )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Uuh, nice, thanks Does it also make a difference in what type of energy is used? (it is not always halved, depending on energy type) Or is this maybe just a 3.5e thing to treat different energy types differently for such a thing? (I slowly learn the slight differences! )
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/d...Energy-Attacks
    Half damage, subject to GM discretion.

For the time being, just drag energy damage on twice if it should bypass.
    I'm also all ears to suggestions about how I could parse for material (seems nearly impossible to me). Or suggestions about how to make a UI for bypassing the halving.
    It would also work to just hold down the keyboard shortcut when dragging the damage instead of having this halving code, but--since the game's default behavior is supposed to be halving--I thought the code should default to that as well.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/d...Energy-Attacks
    Half damage, subject to GM discretion.

For the time being, just drag energy damage on twice if it should bypass.
    I'm also all ears to suggestions about how I could parse for material (seems nearly impossible to me). Or suggestions about how to make a UI for bypassing the halving.
    It would also work to just hold down the keyboard shortcut when dragging the damage instead of having this halving code, but--since the game's default behavior is supposed to be halving--I thought the code should default to that as well.
    Ah, also caring about obejct types would be certainly a mammoth task, and probably needs some scientific work first

I was basically refering to the 3.5e rules, and, indeed, it is seemingly different to PF1:
    Acid and sonic attacks deal damage to most objects just as they do to creatures; roll damage and apply it normally after a successful hit. Electricity and fire attacks deal half damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 2 before applying the hardness. Cold attacks deal one-quarter damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 4 before applying the hardness.
    But of course you do not need to add that But, just in case, you could use the PF variable stored in CommonData to make a distinction between both rulesets in the damage calculation

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, also caring about obejct types would be certainly a mammoth task, and probably needs some scientific work first

I was basically refering to the 3.5e rules, and, indeed, it is seemingly different to PF1:

But of course you do not need to add that But, just in case, you could use the PF variable stored in CommonData to make a distinction between both rulesets in the damage calculation
    Oh, I can definitely add that soon!

Oh, I can definitely add that soon!
    cool, thank you very much

Any known conflicts with existing extensions? (just askin')
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; July 25th, 2020 at 02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Any known conflicts with existing extensions? (just askin')
    that's why us lucky sods are here

Notes 2020-7-25:

- Colour coding of damage doesn't come through on my end
    - neither does dragging a damage roll from the chat window to an item (whether locked or unlocked)
    - DMG/hardness/HP on items, can be mouse-wheeled negative...

Question:
    - Is this intended to take the broken condition/use it/implement it on weapons and armor? (because it doesn't at the moment, but if it did, that would be brilliant)
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 25th, 2020 at 04:43.

First, thanks to Bmos for this useful extension.

I am running 3.5 campaign and I have stumbled upon this extension so I downloaded it and tried to activate it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t there.
    Ok, it makes sense. It is for PFRPG. So, I checked file of extension and found small mistake.

I don’t know for all of you guys but if you write 3.5e (with a small “e”) in extension declaration, FGU does not see it.

To wrap up. Just change 3.5e to 3.5E and it works!

Maybe this was strange case but now I have options for item HP, Durability and damage.

Can any of you confirm similar experience?
    If it is global case can Bmos repair his extension?

PS
    Btw I love your extension Bmos and hope there will be more in the future. I am so happy that creators like you still care about PFRPG/3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by moongleam View Post
    First, thanks to Bmos for this useful extension.

I am running 3.5 campaign and I have stumbled upon this extension so I downloaded it and tried to activate it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t there.
    Ok, it makes sense. It is for PFRPG. So, I checked file of extension and found small mistake.

I don’t know for all of you guys but if you write 3.5e (with a small “e”) in extension declaration, FGU does not see it.

To wrap up. Just change 3.5e to 3.5E and it works!

Maybe this was strange case but now I have options for item HP, Durability and damage.

Can any of you confirm similar experience?
    If it is global case can Bmos repair his extension?

PS
    Btw I love your extension Bmos and hope there will be more in the future. I am so happy that creators like you still care about PFRPG/3.5.
    I actually noticed this last night when I started testing an energy attack fix for Kelrugem and just haven't pushed new versions yet, but thanks! I was so close and yet so far hehe
    Really glad you enjoy the extension. I've tried 5e and some other systems and there like plenty that do things better, but Pathfinder is so 'done' feeling that I just had to come back.
    3.5E/PF1e forever!
    Last edited by bmos; July 25th, 2020 at 12:20.

Thread Information