STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Would a 4E version of this extension be possible?
    I'd need more information about how item damage rules work in 4E.
    For example the half-damage from energy damage in PF vs half from some energy in 3.5E.
    Also in PF, weapons that are at least 50% damaged have a -2 to hit and damage. Armor has an AC penalty and increases the skill check penalty for physical skills. I assume this is not all the same in 4E.
    You can see a pretty comprehensive list of item rules for PFRPG here. This extension handles Saving Throws, Energy Attacks, Ranged Weapon Damage, Immunities, Magic Armor, Shields, and Weapons, Broken Condition.

If you can get me all that sort of info, I can consider how much work it would be. At the very least you're welcome to convert it.
    Last edited by bmos; March 24th, 2021 at 23:13.

There is only specific rules for damage to objects such as doors. Damaging PC items is at the DM’s discretion. So I would keep everything the same, just working in the 4E ruleset using your ruleset compatibility voodoo :-)

One of my players is getting this error message that seems to be related to the Item Durability extension:

FGU Error.jpg

I haven't gotten this error. He doesn't get it on every item, but hasn't noticed any pattern to which items he gets it with.

We're using FGU for PF1e, and I've got a bunch of extensions running:
    Advanced Effects
    Advanced Item Actions
    Ammunition Manager
    Aura Effects
    Coins Weights
    Customized Item Generator
    Drain & Permanent Bonuses
    Enhanced Items
    Extended AC bonus types
    Extended automation & alternative overlays
    Extra Stat to Saves
    Extraplanar Containers
    Inventory Search
    Item Durability
    Malady Tracker
    Party Inventory Weight
    Party Item Identified
    Size Changes
    Token Height Indication
    Requested Rolls

(Hmm, that seems like a lot... )

Any ideas what the conflict or cause might be?

Quote Originally Posted by coyote670 View Post
    One of my players is getting this error message that seems to be related to the Item Durability extension:

FGU Error.jpg

I haven't gotten this error. He doesn't get it on every item, but hasn't noticed any pattern to which items he gets it with.

We're using FGU for PF1e, and I've got a bunch of extensions running:
    Advanced Effects
    Advanced Item Actions
    Ammunition Manager
    Aura Effects
    Coins Weights
    Customized Item Generator
    Drain & Permanent Bonuses
    Enhanced Items
    Extended AC bonus types
    Extended automation & alternative overlays
    Extra Stat to Saves
    Extraplanar Containers
    Inventory Search
    Item Durability
    Malady Tracker
    Party Inventory Weight
    Party Item Identified
    Size Changes
    Token Height Indication
    Requested Rolls

(Hmm, that seems like a lot... )

Any ideas what the conflict or cause might be?
    If I had to guess, the db.xml file for your campaign might have an issue with ownership of an item that the character is carrying. If so, it might be replicated by setting the hitpoints on an item to 0 and then back to whatever they started at.
    If you can zip up your campaign or at least your db.xml file and send it to me I can try to reproduce.
    Do your other players have damaged equipment or just the player with the error?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If I had to guess, the db.xml file for your campaign might have an issue with ownership of an item that the character is carrying. If so, it might be replicated by setting the hitpoints on an item to 0 and then back to whatever they started at.
    If you can zip up your campaign or at least your db.xml file and send it to me I can try to reproduce.
    Do your other players have damaged equipment or just the player with the error?
    Okay, I am attaching the zipped up db.xml file. I opened it in Notepad++, but I don't know enough about what it should look like to tell if there's a problem.

The weird thing is, no one has damaged equipment currently. No one else has reported getting this error, either.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by coyote670 View Post
    Okay, I am attaching the zipped up db.xml file. I opened it in Notepad++, but I don't know enough about what it should look like to tell if there's a problem.

The weird thing is, no one has damaged equipment currently. No one else has reported getting this error, either.
    Which character has the issue?
    I just pushed an update so that the script error will be more useful if it does happen again before I can fix the issue. But also lots of behind the scenes changes I was sitting on that might already have resolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Which character has the issue?
    I just pushed an update so that the script error will be more useful if it does happen again before I can fix the issue. But also lots of behind the scenes changes I was sitting on that might already have resolved it.
    The player having the issue is Harmon, & plays Rovin.

We play again this weekend, so I'll let you know if it comes up.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have the extension enabled in Forge, already checked for updates, but the extension never appears in my extensions list for loading. Is this extension still working?

seems to be working to me...
    you're using PFRPG 1e?

Thread Information