FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 18 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The only issue I'm coming accross is that the same disease/poison can have different DCs depending on the original source. Things like Devil Chills, Leprosy, Bubonic Plague, and Zombie Rot for example.
    I've just left whatever the first thing I'd entered was, so check the DC when you add it to the character. I could add some code to post in chat if one of those maladies is added, but would need to figure out which maladies are used by multiple monsters.
    Mmm... Yeah depending on what is the primary key I can see that conflict coming up. I guess I was thinking when suggesting a Quasit's poison of "The monster (Quasit) has a poison with statistics like XYZ" so it'd end up being formatted something akin to "Quasit-Poison(...data...)", which may not make sense for your internal data structures. Adding a DM-only reminder to chat may be a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    Mmm... Yeah depending on what is the primary key I can see that conflict coming up. I guess I was thinking when suggesting a Quasit's poison of "The monster (Quasit) has a poison with statistics like XYZ" so it'd end up being formatted something akin to "Quasit-Poison(...data...)", which may not make sense for your internal data structures. Adding a DM-only reminder to chat may be a good compromise.
    Unfortunately I don't see a way to do that (it would be awesome though) since there are both community and official content sources (not to mention all the adventures that duplicate the monsters into their own databases). I have missed a couple already, but I'm going to start tagging the malady names with "(DC)" if there are multiple possibilities and will use this to trigger a chat message when it's dragged in to the character sheet maladies list.

FG Classic support is back under 'beta status', as of today's v2.1.2 update (which is mostly an excuse to post it along with the custom version of ClockAdjusterPFRPG)

It also adds support for more themes (Simple Brown, Simple Gray, and Simple Dark)
    Last edited by bmos; October 3rd, 2020 at 14:16.

Does anyone have a take on whether disease details should be exposed to the player?
    I could implement the "identified" system so that they only learn the details if it if they make a medicine check or something.

I'd have a preference towards the diseses being hidden (but still active) from the player until the DM reveals the disease, and a sperate show/hidden toggle for the details of the disease/poison.
    This is mostly to skirt the "Welp, I just got diseased, cleric would you mind fixing that next morning? I'm just not going to touch anyone for the rest of the day." probem and changes it to "Why am I coughing up blood in town randomly?! Cleric, please prepair Status tomorrow to figure out what's wrong with me!".

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    I'd have a preference towards the diseses being hidden (but still active) from the player until the DM reveals the disease, and a sperate show/hidden toggle for the details of the disease/poison.
    This is mostly to skirt the "Welp, I just got diseased, cleric would you mind fixing that next morning? I'm just not going to touch anyone for the rest of the day." probem and changes it to "Why am I coughing up blood in town randomly?! Cleric, please prepair Status tomorrow to figure out what's wrong with me!".
    That's exactly what I was thinking
    It's potentially much more immersive that way.

bmos, this is great. Will be fun to play with it!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

For now, I just hid the button from players altogether.
    Eventually it would be nice to add support for identifying them (one less thing for players to have to keep notes of), but it was proving difficult to figure out.

I also added initial support for the Pathfinder 'goblins' theme, albeit without a goofy goblin icon (although I managed to make the circle a similar texture and label font).

Disease Tracker v2.1.3

EDIT: A new demonstration video is now live!
    I tried to slow down my talking to make it easier for people to understand.
    Last edited by bmos; October 13th, 2020 at 14:36.

(Download) Disease Tracker v2.2 and a new version of my modified ClockAdjuster
    I think this is the first time this has been done in a community-extension:
    There is now an icon of a goblin with a facemask featuring original artwork by Zygmunt Molotch (if you use this with the Pathfinder Official Theme)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmos; October 13th, 2020 at 19:08.

Lovely, thank you!

Is there a way to have an option to set (possibly in the options gear(?)) the effect to be unidentified when the roll happens? So rather than showing [POISON] Fortitude (against Drow Poison) next to the roll show akin to [Unknown] Save-Type (against Unidentified) and possibly hide the resulting effect. Not sure if it's also possible (or makes sense) to do it per disease/poison or not. I'm thinking of a couple use-cases.

* Player has Full knowledge (they've identified the poison/disease). Gm has full knowledge.
    * Player has Partial Knowledge (likely due to status effect) - knows what effect type is but wouldn't know exact details. GM has full knowledge.
    * Player has No knowledge, but knows something was rolled and can see their roll. GM has full knowledge.

* Effect is visible to GM.
    * Effect is visible to GM and Player.

Thread Information