STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If you set up a 'spell' action with the effect "MULTI: constitution damage; CON: -1" using that extension, it allows the effect to be applied multiple times.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension

It would require action every round, but no more messages saying that the target already has the effect.
    Yeah, gotcha. That will work for applying the recurring damage. I was trying to see if there were a way to automate it. I just misunderstood what your extension was doing. Not criticizing it just a bad assumption on my part.

Yeah as I said above in my edited post. When I saw a field called "effect" in the disease tracker I made the assumption that "effect" got applied at each iteration of the frequency set in the disease. I see now that it was the descriptive text of the disease effect.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Yeah, gotcha. That will work for applying the recurring damage. I was trying to see if there were a way to automate it. I just misunderstood what your extension was doing. Not criticizing it just a bad assumption on my part.
    Don't worry, you didn't come off as critical. I was just trying to help you find the best automation currently possible
    I hope to have disease effects automated in the next month or two, now that I have created a way of correctly tracking PF's ability drain and 'permanent' ability bonuses (which I am releasing on Tuesday).
    Last edited by bmos; August 28th, 2020 at 22:19.

If that were the case, I think I would have had to add compatibility patches for mirror image and my own extensions as well (which I have not had to do). It seems that since the function registerResultHandler is in ActionsManager and you replace ActionsManager, any extensions that load before you have their resulthandlers lost. By having my extension after yours, when mine calls registerResultHandler, it is talking to your copy of ActionsManager.registerResultHandler.

Indeed, upon closer inspection, ActionsHandler.registerResultHandler contains "local aResultHandlers," which (I think) means your copy of registerResultHandler doesn't have access to the contents of the original aResultHandlers.

Testing this hypothesis is certainly worthwhile as it is only that. If it proves correct, perhaps you can adjust ActionsManager to replace the handlers you modify rather than starting that array over again (or not, it's easy to change load order).
    That is a good theory, I can adjust this, thanks but the problem is that I have this problem also with the raw advanced 3.5e/Pf1 where I do not overwrite the ActionsManager, the overwrite of that is part of Save versus Tags. When I had this problem with the mirror image handler, I only loaded advanced 3.5e/PF1 and had a similar problem there But may my mind tricks me now because that is some while ago (and maybe there should be then more problems of that sort? Like with the result handlers of the ruleset(s) itself? Though I may already overwrite all of them which could explain that when you are right )

Nevertheless, I am glad when that solution now works

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    That is a good theory, I can adjust this, thanks but the problem is that I have this problem also with the raw advanced 3.5e/Pf1 where I do not overwrite the ActionsManager, the overwrite of that is part of Save versus Tags. When I had this problem with the mirror image handler, I only loaded advanced 3.5e/PF1 and had a similar problem there But may my mind tricks me now because that is some while ago (and maybe there should be then more problems of that sort? Like with the result handlers of the ruleset(s) itself? Though I may already overwrite all of them which could explain that when you are right )

Nevertheless, I am glad when that solution now works
    Ah, you may be right then (and it was such a nice theory, too). It seems that it breaks the save overlays
    So I guess I do need that compatibility patch when you have time

Ah, you may be right then (and it was such a nice theory, too). It seems that it breaks the save overlays
    Oki, then I try to do that soon I have some important proof to finish for my thesis and afterwards I try to do this quickly (hopefully this weekend)

By the way, you use FGU, isn't it? How well do the save overlays work there? The last time I tested (which is pretty long ago) the overlays were a bit small compared with FGC, and so I was afraid that there might be other hidden incompatibilities which I need to solve for FGU

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    By the way, you use FGU, isn't it? How well do the save overlays work there? The last time I tested (which is pretty long ago) the overlays were a bit small compared with FGC, and so I was afraid that there might be other hidden incompatibilities which I need to solve for FGU
    The adventure I was running in Unity actually finished a couple of sessions after I switched to FullOverlays so I my testing isn't comprehensive, but it seemed to work although they still show up at about 50% size. This isn't a big deal with the save tracking overlays, but the health overlay gets very hard to see.

The adventure I was running in Unity actually finished a couple of sessions after I switched to FullOverlays so I my testing isn't comprehensive, but it seemed to work although they still show up at about 50% size. This isn't a big deal with the save tracking overlays, but the health overlay gets very hard to see.
    Oki, thanks I hope that is the only thing I need to do for FGU (and gladly that is not so difficult, I think, just a bit upscaling)

This looks amazing, thank you!

Now that I've got it installed, is there a way to have it trigger from the combat tracker (for poisons) for example? And is there a way to get monster poisons in there, like a Quasit's poison attack in the library of Maladies?

Keep up the great work!

Thread Information