STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last

PFRPG Disease Tracker Extension and Maladies Library

This extension handles automatic rolling of saving throws against poisons, diseases, and other types of maladies.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

Maladies Library Homepage and README
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Mod Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.
    Last edited by bmos; September 9th, 2021 at 17:07.

for those interested in creating modules of data for use with this extension, or contributing SRD content to my maladies library module, here is the relevant information:
    the reference data type is <diseases>
    Code:
    <!-- malady description -->
    <description type="formattedtext">
    	<p>this is a paragraph</p>
    </description>

<!-- effect of the disease (single field) -->
    <disease_effect type="formattedtext">
    	<p>this is a paragraph</p>
    </disease_effect>

<!-- dice to roll to determine duration (example is 2d4) -->
    <duration_dice type="dice">d4, d4</duration_dice>

<!-- this number is multiplied by duration_unit to determine total duration. if using duration_dice, just leave this blank -->
    <duration_interval type="number">1</duration_interval>

<!-- duration unit (in minutes) -->
    <duration_unit type="string">.1</duration_unit>

<!-- dice to roll to determine frequency (example is 1d4) -->
    <freq_dice type="dice">d4</freq_dice>

<!-- this number is multiplied by freq_unit to determine total frequency. if using freq_dice, just leave this blank -->
    <freq_interval type="number">1</freq_interval>

<!-- frequency unit (in minutes -- example is a round) -->
    <freq_unit type="string">.1</freq_unit>

<!-- 1 if saves must be consecutive, 0 if not -->
    <isconsecutive type="number">1</isconsecutive>

<!-- name of malady -->
    <name type="string">this is a string</name>

<!-- semicolon-separated-list of associated NPC names (spaces, capitalization, and punctuation will be removed when it is checked for a match when auto-adding to NPC) -->
    <npc type="string">wolfinsheep'sclothing</npc>

<!-- dice to roll to determine onset (example is 4d4) -->
    <onset_dice type="dice">d4,d4,d4,d4</onset_dice>

<!-- this number is multiplied by onset_unit to determine total onset. if using onset_dice, just leave this blank -->
    <onset_interval type="number">1</onset_interval>

<!-- onset unit (in minutes) -->
    <onset_unit type="string">.1</onset_unit>

<!-- primary poison effect (first field) -->
    <poison_effect_primary type="string">this is a string</poison_effect_primary>

<!-- primary poison effect (second field -- usually empty) -->
    <poison_effect_secondary type="string">this is a string</poison_effect_secondary>

<!-- a string describing the save / save timing information; this is generated automatically if you create the malady in FG's interface -->
    <save_string type="string">DC 13 Fort 1/day after 1d3 days</save_string>

<!-- this number is how many saves have been rolled, you can leave it out of module creation or set it to 0 -->
    <savecount_consec type="number">0</savecount_consec>

<!-- this number is the numerical DC -->
    <savedc type="number">17</savedc>

<!-- this number is how many saves have to be rolled to cure the disease -->
    <savesreq type="number">2</savesreq>

<!-- lowercase full name of save -->
    <savetype type="string">fortitude</savetype>

<!-- informational field about how the disease is transmitted -->
    <subtype type="string">injury</subtype>

<!-- poison, disease, etc -->
    <type type="string">this is a string</type>
    Last edited by bmos; February 22nd, 2021 at 23:04.

That could be interesting, and the script could allow for more effects requiring "ongoing" saving throws

I mean, ..hmm how about poisons too... (but that's a quagmire of official and unofficial, though they do tend to comply with each other a fair bit)

v1.0.0 is now out. It just helps track.
    Now for the automation

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I mean, ..hmm how about poisons too... (but that's a quagmire of official and unofficial, though they do tend to comply with each other a fair bit)
    Great idea! For now, I made the 'type' field editable so you can replace "disease" with "poison" since the rules are so similar. I should eventually be able to have two sheet formats like FG uses for NPC/Trap.
    Last edited by bmos; July 24th, 2020 at 15:12.

v1.1.0 now has a button for rolling the applicable saving throw and allows copying afflictions between players with drag/drop.
    Last edited by bmos; July 24th, 2020 at 18:51.

You could probobly add a description on where the button is to get to the disease screen, I had to look for 10 minutes to find it.

Also, if there could be an actual effect/damage field like for spells that would be helpful. So that we could drag out the effect from the disease/poison.

A button to add +2 to the DC would be nice to get the pathfinder poison stacking rules. (Each time you fail against a new source of the same poison the DC goes up by 2)
    A way to automatically roll saving throws on your turn against all ongoing diseases/poisons that should be rolled that round, but I am not sure if this is possible with the FG code.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    You could probobly add a description on where the button is to get to the disease screen, I had to look for 10 minutes to find it.

Also, if there could be an actual effect/damage field like for spells that would be helpful. So that we could drag out the effect from the disease/poison.

A button to add +2 to the DC would be nice to get the pathfinder poison stacking rules. (Each time you fail against a new source of the same poison the DC goes up by 2)
    A way to automatically roll saving throws on your turn against all ongoing diseases/poisons that should be rolled that round, but I am not sure if this is possible with the FG code.
    Thanks, great suggestions!
    Anything is possible, just progressively harder to implement hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post

https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Dis...ses/tag/v1.2.0

added those buttons last night before bed, the rollable damage is going to be tricker but I'll get there eventually

next version will have integration with save versus tags
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Dis...1af3372edd1e9b

This will allow automation of saving throws against disease or poison.
    My gm allowed bonus to disease save from using soap, for instance.

this will also be in sanity tracker.

Thread Information