DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 17 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That would be awesome. I think I can use my Upgrade NPC Actions extension to auto-link them to NPC sheets also!
    ho ho, now we're talking, poison applied directly from an NPC!

bring on the centipedes!

Derp. I'm learning xml. Ignore this.
    Last edited by Sudain; November 28th, 2020 at 07:27. Reason: I'm a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    Derp. I'm learning xml. Ignore this.
    Let me know if you need any help
    I have documented the maladies xml format here.

EDIT: I am in the process of adding the code to auto-link poison/disease to NPC sheets.
    This will work via a new XML tag:
    Code:
    <!-- semicolon-separated-list of associated NPC names (spaces, capitalization, and punctuation will be removed when it is checked for a match when auto-adding to NPC) -->
    <npc type="string">wolfinsheepsclothing</npc>
    This 'may' allow me to add automatic DC calculation in the future...
    Last edited by bmos; November 28th, 2020 at 13:04.

Sounds good. I'm at the stage of reading in the sharedStrings.xml and now trying to pair it with name/poisons. Once I can that working well enough I'll try to format it into the maladies format (and I'll try to include the npc tag too), and then post here to verify it what you are looking for before I start doing the bulk conversions.

I can open the sharedStrings xml and read it. I discovered some data issues so I'm going to write a data-validator function before trying to compile and write out the needed xml. My MBA classes come first, so I'll need to do them and then work on this a few spare hours during the weekends if I'm lucky. I just wanted to give you a heads up, I did not forget about this. I am working on it, but it's not going to be nearly as swift as my ego wants it to be.

I can open the sharedStrings xml and read it. I discovered some data issues so I'm going to write a data-validator function before trying to compile and write out the needed xml. My MBA classes come first, so I'll need to do them and then work on this a few spare hours during the weekends if I'm lucky. I just wanted to give you a heads up, I did not forget about this. I am working on it, but it's not going to be nearly as swift as my ego wants it to be.
    Thanks for the update.
    No hard feelings, this is a hobby for all but a few
    One tip/trick that might help you out is that the tags like "id-0001" can be text instead. The just can't be re-used. So Ghoul Fever could be "ghoulfever" rather than "id-0003" or whatever it is currently.

Okay I've got the maladies in a form I can process and outputting to an xml format. Since I've never worked with XML before I'm just double checking this output will work for you before I start cranking through the poisons one by one.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf8'?>
    <category>
    <id-00220>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <p><b>Source </b><i>Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Lost Kingdoms pg. 19</i></p>
    </description>
    <disease_effect type="formattedtext">
    <p>1d2 Str damage and 1d2 Wis damage</p>
    <p>A creature afflicted by ubashki fever develops unsightly splotches and sores all over its body that persist until the disease is cured.</p>
    </disease_effect>
    <freq_interval type="number">1</freq_interval>
    <freq_unit type="string">1440</freq_unit>
    <isconsecutive type="number">1</isconsecutive>
    <locked type="number">0</locked>
    <name type="string">Ubashki Fever</name>
    <onset_dice type="dice">d3</onset_dice>
    <onset_unit type="string">1440</onset_unit>
    <save_string type="string">DC 13 Fort 1/day after 1d3 days</save_string>
    <savecount_consec type="number">0</savecount_consec>
    <savedc type="number">13</savedc>
    <savesreq type="number">2</savesreq>
    <savetype type="string">fortitude</savetype>
    <subtype type="string">injury</subtype>
    <type type="string">disease</type>
    </id-00220>
    <id-00221><type type="string">disease</type><npc type="string">Akata</npc><name type="string">Void Death</name><subtype type="string">Bite-injury</subtype><savetype type="string">fortitude</savetype><savedc type="number">12</savedc><onset_dice type="dice" /><onset_interval type="number">1</onset_interval><onset_unit type="string">60</onset_unit><freq_dice type="dice" /><freq_unit type="string">1</freq_unit><disease_effect type="formattedtext">effect 1d2 Dex and 1d2 Con damage; an infected creature who dies rises as a void zombie 2d4 hours later (see below)</disease_effect><isconsecutive type="number">1</isconsecutive><savesreq type="number">2</savesreq></id-00221><id-00222><type type="string">poison</type><npc type="string">Amphisbaena</npc><name type="string">Poison</name><subtype type="string">Bite-injury</subtype><savetype type="string">fortitude</savetype><savedc type="number">14</savedc><req_dice type="dice" /><freq_unit type="string">1</freq_unit><duration_interval type="number">6</duration_interval><duration_unit type="string">.1</duration_unit><poison_effect_primary type="string">1d3 Con damage</poison_effect_primary><poison_effect_secondary type="string">1d3 Con damage</poison_effect_secondary><isconsecutive type="number">0</isconsecutive><type type="number">1</type></id-00222></category>

Was looking at poisons, and ran across this:

Found several cool abilities that may enhance poison. Like Anathema (Ex), Eldritch Poisoner.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Okay I've got the maladies in a form I can process and outputting to an xml format. Since I've never worked with XML before I'm just double checking this output will work for you before I start cranking through the poisons one by one.
    Slight change:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="1|3.5E:17|CoreRPG:4">
    <reference static="true">
    <diseases>

Basically, get rid of the category tag and add in the root, reference, and diseases tags. Line breaks are also needed but I think that has to do with the forum stripping your formatting perhaps?

Finally, you have an issue with the frequency stuff. id-00220 has "<freq_dice type="dice" />" which doesn't do anything and doesn't have "<freq_interval type="number">1</freq_interval>" which it needs. The next line has a similar issue but it also has a typo: "<req_dice type="dice" />". There is also "<onset_dice type="dice" />" which isn't doing anything. I'm unsure whether these will cause issues, but I have been leaving them out when they aren't used.

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Was looking at poisons, and ran across this:

Found several cool abilities that may enhance poison. Like Anathema (Ex), Eldritch Poisoner.
    Thanks, but both of those are far too specific to automate (not that they couldn't be, but rather the time spent would be large and the result would be small).
    I'm trying to focus on things with mass appeal currently rather than named abilities for this reason.
    Last edited by bmos; December 28th, 2020 at 13:13.

[QUOTE=bmos; Thanks, but both of those are far too specific to automate (not that they couldn't be, but rather the time spent would be large and the result would be small).
    I'm trying to focus on things with mass appeal currently rather than named abilities for this reason.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to add a sort function by "DC" and "Category Type" (i.e., contact, ingested, inhaled, or injury).

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information