STAR TREK 2d20

New FG User Questions

Hello FG Community - I am recently purchased the FG Classic Ultimate License and am excited to GM PF2 Campaign using all the automation available. I have been spending the last week pouring through the Wiki, forum posts, etc. to get my bearings, but me no smart enough to figure out everything. Apologies if I should be posting these questions somewhere else on the forums, if so please let me know.

1. How do you apply effects on an npc/pc only take effect only for certain characters? For example, I am trying to apply flat footed when a creature is flanked. However, flat-footed should only apply to those characters in flanking position. When I drag and drop the flat-footed modifier, that effected character is flat footed to all other characters on the CT. I am familiar with the PF2 Effects Wiki (which is an amazing resource), but the exact coding of that situation escapes me. I found this post

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lopment/page45

but I don't know how to apply CA or GRANTCA (they don't appear to be available anymore?) If someone could provide a step-by-step example for how to do so, I would very much appreciate it.

2. This is a generic FG question, but how can I store images that players can access on their own? I am hoping to have chapter headings, with both text and image files for pcs to reference (similar to the campaign journal in Roll20). The story tab appears to be unable to store images. The images/maps folder does not allow categories - when I log in as a PC, I can only bring up shared images by selecting all. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you so much for any answers in advance!

When you have the Effects open in the combat tracker, each effect will have a "target" button by it. If you drag the target button to one or more characters, only the "targeted" characters will treat the creature as having the effect.

So set flat-footed, and then drag the target to the two flanking creatures, one at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattoriku View Post
    2. This is a generic FG question, but how can I store images that players can access on their own? I am hoping to have chapter headings, with both text and image files for pcs to reference (similar to the campaign journal in Roll20). The story tab appears to be unable to store images. The images/maps folder does not allow categories - when I log in as a PC, I can only bring up shared images by selecting all. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you so much for any answers in advance!
    Welcome Hattoriku

Create a story entry and share publicly.
    Drag whatever images and other info you want to share with the players into that Story and they will create links.
    You will need to share those extra items too.
    Have the players drag that first Story to a hotkey so that they can easily reference it.

That is probably the easiest way to create a living reference point for the players.

You can format it all up nicely etc. It wont do inline images but it will keep links to images.

Thank you MaxAstro, those steps worked like a charm!

I appreciate the step-by-step Damned - I'm totally fine with links if that's the case. However, for some weird reason, FG will not accept images when I drag them from my desktop to the story entry window. I am making sure to use very low-res images, and the cursor changes to the [+] icon, which indicates FG is trying to add the image. Not sure why, but no image ever displays for all variety of file types. Tried yesterday and today after restarting, no dice.

I am assuming by story entry that means the grey box in my screenshot below, correct?

Story Screenshot.PNG

Instead of dragging them straight over, maybe try putting them in the images folder and then dragging them from Images & Maps?

Thanks MaxAstro, of course I should have thought of using the Images & Maps. I appreciate the help!

I have to say I was intimidated to try out FG at first because of what I've heard about the complicated UI. That being said, seeing how supportive and quick folks were to help out on the forum really helped ease the learning curve. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty intuitive. You guys rock, thank you for all the support!

Funny, that was my experience, too - overwhelmed by the UI, but blown away by how helpful the people on the forum are. Just trying to pay it forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattoriku View Post
    Thank you MaxAstro, those steps worked like a charm!

I appreciate the step-by-step Damned - I'm totally fine with links if that's the case. However, for some weird reason, FG will not accept images when I drag them from my desktop to the story entry window. I am making sure to use very low-res images, and the cursor changes to the [+] icon, which indicates FG is trying to add the image. Not sure why, but no image ever displays for all variety of file types. Tried yesterday and today after restarting, no dice.

I am assuming by story entry that means the grey box in my screenshot below, correct?

Story Screenshot.PNG
    Thats correct. You can drag images, story, items, classes, feats etc etc over.
    If you are using Player Agency you can drag those over too.

Thread Information