FG Spreadshirt Swag

Steam fantasy grounds won't update properlu

Having an issue with when I run fantasy grounds after a fresh install and putting info into settings it will start to update for about 10 seconds then crash giving me an error message stating that the game failed to start correctly.

Hi aliasias, welcomoe to FG.

That means something on your machine (most likely anti virus or your router) is preventing normal operation. Make sure you have an exception for FG in your anti virus and check your router settings for things like parental controls or flood protection. Also if your ISP is one of these there are additional steps you'll want to take as detailed in the thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have attempted all nessacary steps with zero results the issue usually occurs during the updater. I didnt have any problems before I obtained the ultimate upgrade. This is the steam version.

Blog Entries
    Please detail exactly what "all necessary steps" are. Also let us know what security you are running and your ISP. Thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What I mean by Necessary steps is making sure anti virus and firewall are not interfering. Also unable to check ISP to see if that is the issue. Also not running any anti virus software. Basic windows firewall as well.

Can you run it directly, without starting through Steam? (Using Windows shortcut)

JPG

I have tried that. Same outcome as running thru steam. Even tried running as admin and compatibility mode.

What do you mean by unable to check ISP?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Usually, when you get an error like "game failed to start correctly"; this means that the executable has been modified by some other program between our servers and your hard drive, such as antivirus programs that quarantine. (Or you are running on unsupported operating system.)

Do you have a screenshot of the error you see when starting outside of Steam? (i.e. start from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\ in Windows File Explorer)
    You can get a screen snip in Windows 10 using the Snipping Tool (Window key + Shift + S); then save to a file you can upload.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information