DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Unhiding NPCs

Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess the examples I used focused on the current actor, but my intent is to make it easier to toggle visibility of any NPC token, no matter where they are in the intiative order. I often find myself hiding/revealing NPC's as the party's awareness of them shifts. I think the current actor is the only case where this is NOT an issue, so that extension doesn't address the issue really. Still looks helpful though, just not for this.

Blog Entries
    I suggest you dont toggle visibility on/off of active tokens unless they have actually become invisible as it affects any active targeting to/from the token which slows the game down.
    If they are moving out of range move them into a masked area.

Blog Entries
    Even invisible npcs imo should not be toggled invisible. Vis/Invis effects too much. Just apply an invisible effect. Besides, many game systems (like 5E) assume player knowledge of unseen NPCs and the rules then account for things like perception checks, attack modifiers etc.

I get the 'immersion' value, but for me its just not worth the hassle.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You might also want to think that just because a group is around the corner does not mean they would come to the first groups aid. If you had a group of Goblins at the dungeon entrance it does not mean the Bugbears in the next room would care if the goblins were in combat. Heck they could just think them fighting each other is normal. So I would not load up the bugbears into combat tracker until I thought that they could come into combat. Also the commander of the bugbears two rooms over would not bother with the fight until someone from one of the first two groups came to get backup. Also they might not even hear the combat because they are behind a fortified door.

If you are running some sort of multilevel maze where a bunch of people are competing to get to the end you might need everyone loaded up to keep track of what they are all doing but that would be more of a one off.

Thread Information