FG Spreadshirt Swag

RMC: Option 5 Mentalism Monk

What would be the best way to handle using Option 5 in RMC and swapping the monk to mentalism? While I have never seen it spelled out, I assume the Prime Stat should switch from empathy to presence?

In RMC 2.18, I tried to do that with the following:

1. Created a new monk profession with Realm of Mentalism and Prime as Sd Pr. I kept the name as monk as I wanted it to inherit the skill costs. The impact was that when I did initial stat gain, it had a prime of Sd, Pr, and Em.
    2. In the Stat Generation screen, I tried to unchck Em and check Pr. It looks like it worked until I press Roll All and the checks go back to default.

Is there another method that I am missing? Or should one of these work the way that I thought it would?

I guess I can just add a module with costs that has the Empathy Monk, Mentalism Monk, Empathy Bard, and Mentalism Bard.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Senoj; July 22nd, 2020 at 19:15.
    Senoj -- Ultimate License in FGU/FGC | Roll20 Pro Member
    Currently on hiatus....but wanting to play something.

Hi Senoj,

Did you change the profession name after you made a copy? If not it likely picked up all the matching options. I can replicate it if I keep them the same name but not if I change the name.

Dakadin

Hi Dakadin.

Yes, I kept the name the same to try to keep the costs for skills coming in. I can understand why it would merge the two.

So likely best way to handle this is by adding MMonk and EBard via a mod?

Yes, a module would be the best way but I was planning on adding those to Character Law anyway in the future. I already have it in another module that I just need to merge into Character Law. I will try to get the Essence Bard, Mentalism Monk, Dwarven Alchemist and "No Profession" professions added to Character Law in time for this Tuesday's release since I finished the other things that I was looking to add to v2.1.9.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Yes, a module would be the best way but I was planning on adding those to Character Law anyway in the future. I already have it in another module that I just need to merge into Character Law. I will try to get the Essence Bard, Mentalism Monk, Dwarven Alchemist and "No Profession" professions added to Character Law in time for this Tuesday's release since I finished the other things that I was looking to add to v2.1.9.
    The forum doesn't let me give you more reputation or I would.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Awesome. Thanks, Dakadin. Looking forward to it.

It actually on the test server right now and will be in the Tuesday update to live. I will post the details later tonight.

I updated RMC to 2.19 off of the test channel and all three of those optional classes looks correct.

Thanks.

Thread Information