5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Kobold Press - Deep Magic 5e?

One of my players subbed to the kickstarter and got his PDF for Deep Magic yesterday. One of the campaigns I'm running is set in the Midgard Campaign World, so if a FG module is created for this, it's something I'd buy.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here knows of an ETA for a FG module?

Blog Entries
    It's already out. There is another thread discussing errors the FG module is throwing and that folks have reached out to KP to get it fixed.

edit: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...c-Module-Error

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh OK. I couldn't find it when I searched the store, despite trying different filters and keywords. So maybe it's been pulled.

Blog Entries
    I think it's only been sent to KS backers. Not sure. KP would be the ones to ask when they intend to make it available to non-KS backers.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've received the mod file, but only loaded it to see if would work correctly

I have not delved inside yet
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

As a newbie to the Midgard campaign setting, I have a question in regard to the Deep Magic module that I can't find answered by Kobold Press or anywhere else on the web. How many of the 600-700 or so spells in it are repeats from the Midgard Player's Handbook or the Margreve Player's Handbook if any? I know that there are approximately 300 or so new spells in the Midgard Player's Handbook, and about 50 or so in the Margreve Player's Handbook. I ask because I have very limited funds and will definitely be purchasing both Player's handbooks listed above, plus I need to buy the Tome of Beasts and either the Zobeck Modules, the Prepared modules, or the Tales of the Old Margreve module. I have heard a lot of great things about the Midgard setting and have watched a number of YouTube videos reviewing them and I am sold. Unfortunately being unemployed and stuck at home like the majority of us out there, I don't have the luxury of plunking down the $250-$350 I would love to spend to get all the modules I want and need. My max budget is around $100, so if the Deep Magic module has all new spells or at least 75% new, I may have to get that for my players instead of any of the adventures.

I don't own deep magic, but I do have everything else you're thinking of buying. Here's what I can tell from the preview images in the FG Store:
    None of the backgrounds exist in other products.
    4 of 6 feats are duplications, 2 of 6 are new.

On spells specifically:
    Image 1 dragon magic: only detect dragon is new the other 5 of 6 are in Midgard Hero's Handbook.
    Image 2 Abhorrence through Ancestral Strength: 5 of 23 are duplicates from Midgard heroes handbook. 18 of 23 are new.

So that's what I can tell.

I've had nothing but great responses from KP whenever I've contacted them. I'd recommend you reach out to them and I'm sure they will be able to give you all the advice you need.

I have to say that I am not enamored with the Margreve module here on FG and would not buy it if given a second chance.
    Everyone likes their RPG slightly different so perhaps its perfect for you and your group.
    If you do go with Margreve be prepared to put in extra work to make it run through 10th level.

As mentioned earlier I haven't touched deep magic mostly because the bulk of my time is spent making Margreve encounters and preparing for our next campaign.

If and when you find the answers I'd love to hear what the conclusions are

Quote Originally Posted by MythingLynx View Post
    As a newbie to the Midgard campaign setting, I have a question in regard to the Deep Magic module that I can't find answered by Kobold Press or anywhere else on the web. How many of the 600-700 or so spells in it are repeats from the Midgard Player's Handbook or the Margreve Player's Handbook if any? I know that there are approximately 300 or so new spells in the Midgard Player's Handbook, and about 50 or so in the Margreve Player's Handbook. I ask because I have very limited funds and will definitely be purchasing both Player's handbooks listed above, plus I need to buy the Tome of Beasts and either the Zobeck Modules, the Prepared modules, or the Tales of the Old Margreve module. I have heard a lot of great things about the Midgard setting and have watched a number of YouTube videos reviewing them and I am sold. Unfortunately being unemployed and stuck at home like the majority of us out there, I don't have the luxury of plunking down the $250-$350 I would love to spend to get all the modules I want and need. My max budget is around $100, so if the Deep Magic module has all new spells or at least 75% new, I may have to get that for my players instead of any of the adventures.
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Deep Magic module is available in my modules folder as loadable but I cannot access it if I join another GMs table. Also, its defaulted as GM only not sure if that was intentional (does that have anything to do with why I can't access it?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darthphoenix95 View Post
    Deep Magic module is available in my modules folder as loadable but I cannot access it if I join another GMs table. Also, its defaulted as GM only not sure if that was intentional (does that have anything to do with why I can't access it?)
    There is, I think, currently a deficit in FGU that does not allow players to load their own modules. Being tagged as a GM module might also be part of the issue. The first is a known issue and is on the list to be fixed. No ETA that I know of. Don't know about the GM module part.

Thread Information