FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Paizo Special Edition Rulebooks and FG Sync

Hey Fantasy Grounds Community!

Quick question for the hive mind and developers here. I noticed today that Bestiary 2 was available via Fantasy Grounds (WOOHOO!) but when I went to purchase it, I noticed that I wasn't getting a discount for having the PDF in my Paizo account applied in my cart nor when I went to complete the purchase.

I verified that I ran a sync of my Paizo account, removed the item from my cart, and tried again with no success. I verified that I own the PDF of Bestiary 2 on the Paizo digital content side of things, but remembered that I got my PDF via the Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebook Ongoing Subscription. All of my other purchases/subscriptions have been outside of the Special Edition subscription and this is the first time I've gone to purchase one of the "Special Edition" books via FG

I doubt this is the case, but does the Special Edition PDF come across with a different SKU than the original (I know full well that they are the same PDF)? If so, can we work with Paizo to remediate that? If not, can I get some assistance with this? I'm fairly used to the Fantasy Grounds/Paizo sync and have made multiple purchases, was just hoping to see if others have encountered similar issues?

Click be "retrieve Paizo.com purchases" button on the sync page and look for PZO2104E is owned
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe!

Upon re-running the sync again today, there was no PZO2104E entry in the list of retrieved purchases. The Paizo digital content manager does have it listed under a different header than my previous books, and I've attached an image for reference.
    PF2e_Bestiary2_SE_FG_Sync.png

EDIT: I just received a shipping notification for my July Paizo Subscription, which has the Advanced Player's Guide on it. This book is also noted under the Special Edition header noted in the attachment above. This subscription for the Special Edition stuff is newer, so I suspect there may be some issues, but I wanted to bring it to your attention to help other folks in the future.
    Last edited by AlaskanFalcon; July 22nd, 2020 at 23:00.

If you download the special edition, the pdf has this product code. You will then be able to see if the product code is PZO2104E or something else.

If the code is the same, it's probably an issue on Paizo's end, if it's different, then Smite Works probably needs to accept both codes for one product.

The product code in the Paizo download is the same PZO2104E. I assume this is just a backend issue with them not sending over the right info to Smiteworks (or not communicating any differences with Smiteworks). I've attached a few more screen captures to show this.

Paizo Downloads with ZIP Archive Opened to review product code:
    PF2e_SpecialEditionBooks_FGSync_2.png

Fantasy Grounds Sync with Paizo run less than 5 minutes ago:
    PF2e_SpecialEditionBooks_FGSync_3.png

Given the imminent release of the Advanced Player's Guide and the desire for some of my players to hop right in, I'm concerned that the sync for the Special Editions will interfere with the discounted purchase on that as well as the Bestiary. I'd love to start a game as close to release as possible, but I really cannot justify paying full price for the FG modules right now

Please send an email to [email protected] drawing their attention to this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Email has been sent. Thanks Trenloe

Just wanted to follow-up on this and provide some visibility for everyone. The SmiteWorks team is aware of the issue with the Special Edition subscription sync issues and is working with Paizo on the backend to support this in the future. While I suspect that this won't be resolved by the time the Advanced Player's Guide launches on Fantasy Grounds, I do trust that it will be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanFalcon View Post
    Just wanted to follow-up on this and provide some visibility for everyone. The SmiteWorks team is aware of the issue with the Special Edition subscription sync issues and is working with Paizo on the backend to support this in the future. While I suspect that this won't be resolved by the time the Advanced Player's Guide launches on Fantasy Grounds, I do trust that it will be resolved soon.
    Thanks for checking back in with us and letting us know. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon!

I didn't catch it with the bestiary 2 and ended up paying full price for it. Caught it with the APG, hope it gets fixed soon.

Thread Information