5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Hi Bonkon, You are correct. My posts appear to now be there. I had come back to this thread to check the status or reply to my post and found both my posts missing. I guess there must have been some kind of glitch on my end as my posts were not appearing when I last checked. Apologies to the moderators here for accusing you of deleting my posts, when it appears that is not the case. Hopefully someone here at Smiteworks can explain why there is currently no wishlist available for its customers and if they have any plans in the future to correct this.

Zacchaeus, my apologies for the accusations, I see you are correct and that the error must have been on my end. I have a great deal of respect for you personally, as you have always been here for the community and have been very helpful in answering my posts and questions in the past. Sorry again for the mishap on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by MythingLynx View Post
    Zacchaeus, my apologies for the accusations, I see you are correct and that the error must have been on my end. I have a great deal of respect for you personally, as you have always been here for the community and have been very helpful in answering my posts and questions in the past. Sorry again for the mishap on my part.
    No worries.

Make sure you add your request to the wish list. That's the place where the developers will be most likely to see your request. They won't be able to read every post and they might well miss this one. So just in case add that request.

(And then post the link here so others can vote on it)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there anyway to search the idea informer website list for Wishlist? I could be just missing it but I can not find a way to search.

I have no idea how large SmiteWorks is but normally the guy that does the website is not the same guy that codes the product. Then again this online store has to unlock the product so it can be downloaded so it is probably tighter integrated than most online stores.

I know use the steam Wishlist but without it reflecting what I have bought here I will have things there on the list that I will have bought here. I already double bought once not realizing that was the case so I need to stick to once place.

Currently my new plan is just wait till it goes on sale and if I want it and it does not show I have bought it then it is time to get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MythingLynx View Post
    Hopefully someone here at Smiteworks can explain why there is currently no wishlist available for its customers and if they have any plans in the future to correct this.
    They might, but replying to every post on the forums would take time, time away development and higher value tasks. As mentioned before by me, the devs have to consider thousands of things, and prioritize those that are most important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Is there anyway to search the idea informer website list for Wishlist? I could be just missing it but I can not find a way to search.
    In the box right below "I would like to..." start typing. Do not hit enter. It will search automatically.

I have no idea how large SmiteWorks is but normally the guy that does the website is not the same guy that codes the product. Then again this online store has to unlock the product so it can be downloaded so it is probably tighter integrated than most online stores.
    Perhaps 8 folks now? I think they now have 4 devs, 3 customer support and 1 marketing. Not exactly sure. The person who does the website (at least last I knew) happens to be the president of the company and as you can imagine, has lots of responsibilities.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The suggestion for a Store Wish List is already on the feature wish list; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=118601
    It was added in 2018 and has 10 votes.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The suggestion for a Store Wish List is already on the feature wish list; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=118601
    It was added in 2018 and has 10 votes.
    Just my two cents, but I don't think people give much credence to the "wish list" at idea informer. It's not intuitive to use, doesn't have categories to filter (such as specific rulesets, client, web store, forum, et.al) what you want to see, and feedback appears to be minimal. There is no roadmap as to what is upcoming or planned. You might get lucky and see a status update to planned or some such at idea informer, but for all intents and purposes it seems to get lost in a black hole....so I don't think you can equate only 10 votes since 2018 as lack of desire by the community.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Just my two cents, but I don't think people give much credence to the "wish list" at idea informer. It's not intuitive to use, doesn't have categories to filter (such as specific rulesets, client, web store, forum, et.al) what you want to see, and feedback appears to be minimal. There is no roadmap as to what is upcoming or planned. You might get lucky and see a status update to planned or some such at idea informer, but for all intents and purposes it seems to get lost in a black hole....so I don't think you can equate only 10 votes since 2018 as lack of desire by the community.
    Yes, it does look like that and you are right there's not a huge amount of feedback.

But I can tell you that the devs do absolutely look at the wishlist and do definitely pay attention to it. I think LE has it right in his post above; it's a question of what is more important at any one time. I don't know the intricacies of the store and how it's put together but I'm going to assume that adding a wishlist isn't trivial and could swallow up a lot of time which should be spent on other more pressing matters.

But who knows, it's on the list and it will have been seen. So it's on someone's todo list since it is under consideration and hasn't been rejected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So it's on someone's todo list since it is under consideration and hasn't been rejected.
    I think you are mistaking "Under Consideration" with "Planned" as being on a "TODO" list.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Not giving it credence is ... hampering your own ability to influence the future development of FG. 10 votes is what it is, whether you feel that reflects the importance of the request or not, it is how many times it has been voted for. I linked it here so that folks that are interested can vote on it if they chose. I can also say it is used by the devs. I have seen suggestions made on it turned into features in FG, some in very short time, but most take significant time.

It is the method the devs have stated time and again is what they want the community to use. Posts on the forums here get lost and buried after a few weeks or months. The can't be voted on, or filtered either.

By no means is the Idea Informer site ideal, but it is what we have to use. If community member do not give it credence, and do not voice their priorities by voting there, then they are not having their opinions heard as well as they could be.

As for status updates... Again, doing so would be nice, but also would take devloper time away from software development, and would cause problems. A roadmap also causes problems, and is something few places do in detail, in part because it leads the community to insist on more information, and to debate the plans, and to once again draw resources away from development.

Thread Information