Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Is there any chance of getting a wishlist feature added to the Fantasy Grounds store? I find things and sometime want to think about them before I buy them. AKA see if there is another product out there like it and if there is one that fits better into my party's play style. A wishlish give me a place to save stuff so I can come back and find it when I do this easier later.

Pretty please?
    One option: Use Steam as a "wishlist". Store does need some love, but too much else going on that needs coding...although seems like there would be better off-the-shelf stores that could be plugged in.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Note, look up the map artists and you can likely buy maps from the artists website.
    The original Temple of Elemental Evil was an old school TSR product. Mine is Copyright 1985 a little before artists put their stuff on the internet. It has a cool history and was originally started by Gary Gygax himself. Not to say he did the art work but at that point it was all done by in house staff and I bet TSR owned all of the rights to it.

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about the original.

I am kinda bewildered here as to the lack of interest on the part of the devs here to not only ignore answering the main question of this thread, but to seemingly be totally out of touch and oblivious with the needs of their customers and the way ALL online content stores provide the most basic of features like a wishlist. I can't name a single store on the web that sells digital items like software, games, comics, novels, collectables, etc., or physical that doesn't offer this obviously needed and basic feature. You would think that the devs or CEO or somebody would realize that it would be advantages to them to make our shopping experience easier so that we can spend more money in their store, which in turn, surprise, surprise would increase their revenue. US: "Hey devs, I know this is should already be a given, but can we have a wishlist so we can build an easy goto when storing the items we want to buy from you? You know so you can make more money." THEM: (silence except the faint sound of crickets out in the field).

If you can guess by my last post I am quite annoyed at the lack of a wishlist. I currently am planning on buying quite a few Kobold Press campaign books, adventures, plus the core book, but need to have them in a single place without having to go to the trouble of doing a search and scrolling through the pages of content every time I need to check a price or see the books content. I have to narrow down the four, five or six books I need the most. Some of the books are a bit on the expensive side for me so I need to have a list of the ones that are the most essential and that I can afford.

I don't think you can surmise that the devs have no interest just because no-one has replied to this thread. The proper place for enhancement requests is the wish list (ironically enough) - link in my signature. Also note you're only the second or third person to request something like this - so at the moment it isn't something that is generally requested.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MythingLynx View Post
    I am kinda bewildered here as to the lack of interest on the part of the devs here to not only ignore answering the main question of this thread, but to seemingly be totally out of touch and oblivious with the needs of their customers and the way ALL online content stores provide the most basic of features like a wishlist. ...
    My experience shows me that SmiteWorks reads the forums and is well in touch with their customers and the greater world. But when they don't have value to add to a conversation, they usually will not respond. Because all such responses tend to do is to polarize those that do not agree with their decision(s).

Requests and features like this are great ideas, but they must be weighted and considered against thousands of other such requests. And, when such requests have an acceptable work around (in this case, use the Steam wish list) they get a lower priority. Another way to think of it, do you think the greater community of users would rather have a wishlist on the store, or have connection issues with FGU resolved? Would the greater community benefit more from having an updated wiki and/or user manual for FGU, or a wish list on the store?

Those are the types of choices the devs have to make. Its (almost?) never about simple deciding not to do something, but rather deciding what to do first. Because, its a matter of time and resources. Every decision is a trade-off.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow, did the moderators here just delete my last post on this thread? I guess I struck a nerve by stating a truth they don't want known. My post was about the main point of this thread before the subject derailed and how shocking it is that we as loyal customers don't have something as simple and basic as a wishlist to make our purchasing experience organized and easier so that we can spend more money in their store. Unbelievable.

****Please disregard this post as the error is my own******
    Last edited by MythingLynx; August 8th, 2020 at 18:58.

Wow, did the moderators here just delete my last post on this thread? I guess I struck a nerve by stating a truth they don't want known. My post was about the main point of this thread before the subject derailed and how shocking it is that we as loyal customers don't have something as simple and basic as a wishlist to make our purchasing experience organized and easier so that we can spend more money in their store. Unbelievable.
    Good Day MythingLynx
    I see in post #14 above you discussing those exact issues, was there another post that is missing?
    I am not sure I have ever seen the Moderators delete posts, I have seen them close threads that have gotten disrespectful or gotten so far off the rails that it is not a productive conversation anymore.

None of your posts have been deleted. At least I only see post #14 and #15 above. If you posted more than that they didn't come through.

And just as an FYI; posts are not generally deleted unless they are abusive to other forum members or are things like spam etc. The devs and moderators can take abuse - well up to a point. But it is more likely that a thread would get locked rather than posts deleted.

This forum is an open one and we don't delete or close posts or threads just because the post or thread is critical of the developers.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 8th, 2020 at 18:49.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information