DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Another Targeting issue

This references the following thread - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...de-not-working

... where Moon Wizard asked if we ran into any additional targeting issues, post them.

Playing a Cloud Adventure last night with 5 players (Dragon of Icespire Peak) - 4 with me in our kitchen, one about an hour away. All updated and had NO issues connecting! We were mostly focused on a major encounter with about 14 creatures, and my remote player could NOT target anything. I ended up targeting for him, and that worked around the problem. I talked him through it, he turned on Targeting Mode, and when he clicked ANY token Creature or Player (he's a Bard, so was trying to use Bardic Inspiration,) he could not target. We even had him dis-connect and re-connect - no joy. He was quite frustrated.

None of my other players were having issues, in fact, this was THE ONLY issue we had playing yesterday - session went REALLY well otherwise!

Moon Wizard, you said you wanted as much detail as I could give. Let me know what details you would like, and I'll try and provide them.

Was the little X at the top of the modifiers box correctly off?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to. Can you send me a picture?

Blog Entries
    Bottom left hand corner of your screen. Top right had corner of the Modifier box.
    There is a Targeting symbol.
    Make sure the player hasnt turned off targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Bottom left hand corner of your screen. Top right had corner of the Modifier box.
    There is a Targeting symbol.
    Make sure the player hasnt turned off targeting.
    Gotcha, yes. He was clearing targets with the buttons you are referring to, and he was turning on targeting mode with that button. He could see the cursor change to a targeting cursor, but when he clicked on ANY target, it would would NOT target.

He DID disconnect one time, early on and quite spontaneously. His FGU client just crashed. He brought FGU back online and joined the campaign. Then, I stopped sharing the map and re-shared it.

I HAVE seen issues with FGU instances, if the GM does not disconnect players by kicking them. I wonder if when he disconnected "uncleanly," and came back into the campaign, if something on my end was out of sorts with his client????

Blog Entries
    You dont do actual Targeting with that button.
    Just leave it in the state without the red line through it.

The player should click their token and then ctrl+click the target.
    Thats all.

I’ll have him try that. That isn’t how we’ve been doing it.

Thread Information