DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hellfrost map pins?

Gearing up for a Hellfrost game so I took the Lakelands map from the Atlas and started pinning encounters and such to it. Reopened and now they're gone. I can't get them to stick. Any suggestions?

Screen shot: Map.png

You have turned them on in the layers menu?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    You have turned them on in the layers menu?
    I didn't know that was a thing... Never had to do that before... When I right-click, I don't see an option for that. How do I do that?

Also, I just tried copying the map to work off the copy and it wouldn't let me. I then tried putting it in a different folder I made and it did that but didn't "save" to that folder. It stayed in the same location when I reopened it.

You cannot copy images from modules, they are read-only.

That's probably why it doesn't work... thinking about it, the pins are saved as part of the image xml data, as this is read only, you cannot save the pins.
    Last edited by Doswelk; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:21.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

There's an option in a module to make an image record read-only, or not. If the module specifically sets the image record read-only, then any changes to it (like adding pins) won't be saved from session to session. But if the image record isn't read-only, then things like pins, grids, tokens, drawings, etc. will persist from session to session for that campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's an option in a module to make an image record read-only, or not. If the module specifically sets the image record read-only, then any changes to it (like adding pins) won't be saved from session to session. But if the image record isn't read-only, then things like pins, grids, tokens, drawings, etc. will persist from session to session for that campaign.
    Can I turn that off? Or is that set by the publisher?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Can I turn that off? Or is that set by the publisher?
    It's set in the module itself. Only the original developer can change that. I believe that person may be aware of this thread...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's set in the module itself. Only the original developer can change that. I believe that person may be aware of this thread...
    In that case...

I look to the skies and clear my throat... <ahem> <hurm> wink-wink-nudge-nudge... May the Spirit of Creation bestow upon his loyal servants the opportunity to avail themselves of the bountiful resources of the geographical imagery of the Hellfrost setting! We call upon thee, oh mathematical one, in our time of dire need! Rogues and adventurers require divine assistance in plotting a course through the Lakelands region...

Thread Information