FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I found an interesting little glitch.

I have added some links to a number of the spells from the PFRPG - Spellbook and when those spells are dragged to the character sheet those links show up twice.

It's a very minor issue ... both links work correctly. But wanted to at least point it out.

You can see this in the latest version of the spellbook (4.2). Some spells that you can see this in are - Enlarge Person, Hollow Blade, and Honeyed Tongue

Attachment 38859
    Yeah that is indeed normal, the native code of FG already preserves the links, but a little bit different. It first erases the link in the text itself but recreates it at the bottom as in your screenshot This extension though preserves the links in the text and all the other formattings, leading to the doubled link

I didn't have an example of an official spell that used links (has anyone seen one they didn't make themselves before dllewell's work?), so I totally forgot to hide that!
    Tuesday's update will hide the duplication under the formatted description.

Hey bmos,
    I've got an interesting one for you.

The Spell Formatting Extension conflicts with Kelgurem's Save Versus Tag Extension when used by the PFRPG - Spellbooks module.

Specifically the auto population of the 'School' and 'Other properties and tags' doesn't happen when the Spell Formatting Extension is loaded.

If you want to see it in action look at the Acidic Spray spell.

The cast action xml for that spell is:
    <actions>
    <cast>
    <onmissdamage type="string">half</onmissdamage>
    <savetype type="string">reflex</savetype>
    <type type="string">cast</type>
    <stype type="string">spell</stype>
    <school type="string">Conjuration</school>
    </cast>
    </actions>

Note that the <school> tag has a value but the <othertags> tag does not - in fact there is no <othertags> tag.

If I drag this spell onto the character action sheet when 'Save Versus Tags' is loaded but 'Spell Formatting' is NOT loaded then the 'School' and 'Other properties and tags' fields are correctly populated in the Cast action.
    Spell Formatting NOT loaded.jpg

If I do the same thing when 'Spell Formatting' IS loaded then the 'School' and 'Other properties and tags' fields do not get populated.
    Spell Formatting IS loaded.jpg

Something else I found while testing, that may, or may not, help with troubleshooting.
    If I remove all the actions from the xml (not just the cast action ... all the actions) then a cast action is automatically created and the 'School' and 'Other properties and tags' fields are correctly populated even when the 'Spell Formatting' extension IS loaded.

...The Spell Formatting Extension conflicts with Kelgurem's Save Versus Tag Extension when used by the PFRPG - Spellbooks module...
    Wow! That's so comprehensive! Thank you
    I have a theory as to why why this is happening and, if I'm right, the fix should be pretty easy.

EDIT: I've submitted the spell formatting improvement code to Kelrugem for inclusion in Save Versus Tags (and the other extensions which include it).
    This thread will stay up for those who want to use it without Kel's extensions.
    Last edited by bmos; September 20th, 2020 at 15:59.

Oh, I completely forgot to update here: bmos provided me his code such that I can integrate it into save versus tags which should solve the incompatibility of save versus tags and spell formatting But I had no time so far too look at the code at the moment, but soon (TM) hopefully

You are both awesome. Thank you.

Right back at you

thanks, too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oh, I completely forgot to update here: bmos provided me his code such that I can integrate it into save versus tags which should solve the incompatibility of save versus tags and spell formatting But I had no time so far too look at the code at the moment, but soon (TM) hopefully
    Sadly, I was not yet able to look at this; I really have a lot of stress right now, but the thesis takes longer and longer and longer sadly At the same time I need to find a job afterwards and it sadly looks like that I need to live several months without salary until the PhD is done (since academic salaries are sadly often limited in time, which becomes stressful when the task is more difficult than anticipated); I hope I can fix this soon, but it can really take a while sadly

I can probably make a 'compatibility patch' version of this for the interim
    Hopefully the job hunt takes you somewhere good, although months without salary is quite a bummer.
    Last edited by bmos; October 8th, 2020 at 23:35.

Thread Information