DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

PFRPG Spell Description Formatting

This extension modifies the character-specific copies of spells (accessed via their actions tab) to allow fully-formatted descriptions including italics, tables (detect magic is a great example), links, etc.

Screenshot showing stock v3.3.11 vs my extension:
    comparison.png

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2021 at 22:38. Reason: v1.1.0

Blog Entries
    Nice work

And thanks for explicitly stating your license terms, really appreciate it and sure others do as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wasn't this issue just fixed in the latest update?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Wasn't this issue just fixed in the latest update?
    The issue normally was that formattings added extra spaces and paragraphs after the formatting got erased, and that got indeed fixed now in 3.3.11 But, when I understand bmos correctly, then bmos's extension even keeps the formattings while they are still erased in the native code (just tested: Tables for example still are replaced with pure text in the native code)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The issue normally was that formattings added extra spaces and paragraphs after the formatting got erased, and that got indeed fixed now in 3.3.11 But, when I understand bmos correctly, then bmos's extension even keeps the formattings while they are still erased in the native code (just tested: Tables for example still are replaced with pure text in the native code)
    Exactly.

I actually didn't know that part was getting fixed in 3.3.11 (oops! hehe), but the formatting is still an improvement.
    The other great thing about it is being able to include links in those spells that say "functions as _____ except" so you can look up the 'dependencies' quicker.
    Last edited by bmos; July 20th, 2020 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Exactly.

I actually didn't know that part was getting fixed in 3.3.11 (oops! hehe), but this is still a big improvement for my games.
    The other great things is being able to include links in those spells that say "functions as _____ except" so you can look up the 'dependencies' quicker.
    Cool

Though links normally still worked, the links are just places at the very bottom then for some reason But I really like that tables still look like tables, that is the most important for me

Thank you. Very useful.

Are we expected to rename the .zip to .ext ourselves? I didn't see any other download options in the link provided.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Are we expected to rename the .zip to .ext ourselves? I didn't see any other download options in the link provided.
    ah, a client called in the middle of re-uploading. thanks, fixed
    EDIT: I posted a new version to improve the experience for spells that are dragged in before installing the extension. No more blank boxes!

EDIT: aug 4 2020
    new version: https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Spe...ses/tag/v1.1.5
    Last edited by bmos; August 4th, 2020 at 11:31. Reason: v1.1.2

I found an interesting little glitch.

I have added some links to a number of the spells from the PFRPG - Spellbook and when those spells are dragged to the character sheet those links show up twice.

It's a very minor issue ... both links work correctly. But wanted to at least point it out.

You can see this in the latest version of the spellbook (4.2). Some spells that you can see this in are - Enlarge Person, Hollow Blade, and Honeyed Tongue

spellformat.jpg

Thread Information