FG Spreadshirt Swag

Automating armour reduction from damage BRP??

Am I missing something here or does it need to be scripted (or done manually)

If it needs to be done, any guidance welcome

Michael

I had to double check the original code and verified that it did not factor armor. So no, there is not automation for armor reduction to damage. It will unfortunately have to be handled by hand.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thanks ST.

I’m wondering if I should try to write and extension for it; partly for the function but also as an exercise for learning script.

Doable? Straightforward? Too demanding for a beginner ?

I say give it a try. The combat system was pretty bare bones with some advanced stuff in there. The issue is that there are many little factors that are missing from the original codebase to support it. So it could get complicated very quickly and you may end up re-writing the damage code. If this is your first time trying your hand at an extension, I would dip my toe with something a bit smaller first. Find something that you would think would be a great improvement, but minor and start poking at the code.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

�� will do

Odd that they didn’t think it was important back then. Armor is now factored in CoC 7 and there’s a lot less combat there

This ruleset pre-dates that ruleset and was made in a time when very tiny amounts of automation was accepted. Upgrading it to +3.0 opens the door for more automation to be implemented, but this ruleset is currently just being monitored for bug fixes. A community developer would need to take over and expand the features that are there.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Sure. I kind of thought that. But I also think Chaosium are being too laid back for their own good. This is a strong backbone for any number of games. R2 is still a powerful system. They should market it properly (which also means supporting it)

Ah well. Their loss

I was looking through the new BRP ruleset and there is a whole tab for armor that isn't actually displaying, was that an artifact of the old code that was never hooked in or just something that's not displaying in the update?

It should display the armor locations for your character.

Capture.JPG

It doesn't show initially till the option is enabled from the preferences and then needs a campaign reload to show properly.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information