FG Spreadshirt Swag

Remembering token size

Hi All,

Really dumb question. FGU, SWADE ruleset (inspired to start playing around by a FINE game run by doswelk this week - thanks!)

I'm setting up a combat encounter and I want some of the beasties to be big - taking up eg 2x2 or 4x4 grid squares instead of 1x1.

Is there a way to set that up in advance in the encounter and have it remembered, so I don't have to do it by hand at the start of combat?

I can resize the tokens fine with CMD-scroll-wheel, but I can't find any way to have FG remember that setting.

I can see size, space and reach options on the CT.

Size doesn't seem to do anything.

Space correctly fills the "grey threat area" according to how big the creature is. It scales the token if set before the token is dropped onto the map, but if changed afterwards it only changes the threat area. So if the token/NPC gets placed automatically by the encounter it loses its space setting.

Is there some way somewhere to have FG remember that a combatant or token is meant to have space 2 via encounters?

Cheers, Hywel

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    Hi All,
    I can see size, space and reach options on the CT.

Size doesn't seem to do anything.

Space correctly fills the "grey threat area" according to how big the creature is. It scales the token if set before the token is dropped onto the map, but if changed afterwards it only changes the threat area. So if the token/NPC gets placed automatically by the encounter it loses its space setting.

Is there some way somewhere to have FG remember that a combatant or token is meant to have space 2 via encounters?

Cheers, Hywel
    Size +x increases the monster toughness by 'x', size+4 is large and so on.

Space on a monster sets how big a monster it is.

Reach is how many squares away from the size of the monster it can melee attack. (Reach 0 is 1 square away, reach 1 is 2 squares and so on)

That final fight on Wednesday, the Neolithid had a space of 12, when I opened the encounter I had created for it earlier and added it to the combat tracker it placed the icon on the map at the correct size, if you are having a problem send me a line on the Discord we can schedule a screen share and see if we can work out what's not working and why

~EDIT~

Just noticed you said FGU that might be the problem...

~~Edit #2~~

Nope just loaded Wednesday game into FGU worked for me.
    Last edited by Doswelk; July 18th, 2020 at 21:26.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Ahhh. Found it! I failed to spot the entry for space and reach on the combat tab of the NPC record - so I was looking to set it later down the chain of placing tokens, building encounters, etc.

Of course it makes more sense to set it on the NPC record, and when you do it all propagates correctly.

Thanks, just knowing that it was possible to do let me go back over it step-by-step and find it. Much obliged! Giant monsters shall be menacing the Temple of Dawn shortly.

Cheers, Hywel

Thread Information