STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Larger Font

Chat for me is a priority
    then it would be all the stuff that the GM needs to access, so NPC, Story, Encounters etc
    They are the things that I'm squinting at most

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Chat for me is a priority
    then it would be all the stuff that the GM needs to access, so NPC, Story, Encounters etc
    They are the things that I'm squinting at most
    Hi Reg,

The chat font is quite large and easy to read, even on a huge monitor - what resolution are you running at?

I have to take into account people running 1080p or lower resolutions and so increasing fonts might make it too big for someone at smaller resolutions etc.

I would suggest you look at FGU's UI scaling, that might solve your issue but it scales everything, try it at 110% and go from there.

Sorry to not be especially helpful, but try the UI scaling (load FGU -> Settings -> FGU Application UI scale).

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Looks like there's no way out then.

I'm running a 32 Nick 4k monitor at 3840x2160.

I already have the UI scaled to 200%

The fontsI seem to get are tiny and almost illegible.

If I reduce the monitor resolution to a non-native lower size then two things start to happen - I run out of space and the quality of the text starts to degrade.

That's disappointing

If I reduce the monitor resolution to a non-native lower size then two things start to happen - I run out of space and the quality of the text starts to degrade.

That's disappointing
    Hi Reg,

Can you share screen shots please, I run 3440 x 1440 and I don't need to scale (though I do wear glasses). The fonts are (for me) about the right size, I could make them a point size bigger here and there but there are side effects.

I would have thought at 200% UI scaling, that the font size in the Chat window will be around 36 point size, which is larger than most headings on web pages.

So please share some example screen shots.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi. I was thinking that maybe you could publish an unencrypted theme like they do for CoC that would allow people do their own thing with fonts and such. Doesn't need to be fancy just community viewable.

That's disappointing
    Here's my solution -- 18 point fonts (sans serif), on a 32" 4k monitor at native resolution

I've attached both the extension and a screenshot of how it looks:
    FGU-4k.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MacDork View Post
    Here's my solution -- 18 point fonts (sans serif), on a 32" 4k monitor at native resolution

I've attached both the extension and a screenshot of how it looks:
    FGU-4k.JPG
    That is one of die Hard Gamings extension, but modified and badly-repacked. Care to provide the link to where you found the original and which fonts you used?

The fonts are included in the zip.

https://www.dafont.com/liberation-sans.font
    Last edited by MacDork; February 22nd, 2021 at 15:55.

I found using the /scaleui command has done what I need without installing anything. Hope it helps some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigreid View Post
    I found using the /scaleui command has done what I need without installing anything. Hope it helps some others.
    That's also available via the Settings button when FGU loads (same place you enter in your license codes etc). It rescales everything, same as if you told your OS to scale, if it works nicely for you then that's fab news cheers!

MBM

Thread Information