STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Larger Font

Larger Font

I found a larger font extension called Big Fonts but it seems to throw errors when I load it. Can anyone recommend a larger font extension that is compatible for the MgT 2E ruleset?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I found a larger font extension called Big Fonts but it seems to throw errors when I load it. Can anyone recommend a larger font extension that is compatible for the MgT 2E ruleset?

Xargun
    Are you using FGC or FGU and what's the extension called, and what errors does it throw?

In v1.1.4 the fonts are a bit smaller than in earlier builds to fit in with the CoreRPG FGU fonts (mostly for FGU).

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I am using FGU and the extension is called Big Fonts

Not sure how to copy/past the error log. But it is giving a "font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabel). [BigFonts] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I am using FGU and the extension is called Big Fonts

Not sure how to copy/past the error log. But it is giving a "font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabel). [BigFonts] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    The console that appears on an error should have a 'Copy to clipboard' option. I've use that, however I'd contact the makers of the extension and if they require, they can contact me though SheetLabel is a common font.

Extensions override fonts, but some systems use non-standard.

So why do you want to use Bigger Fonts? I ask this as we have some Theme makers amongst the players who might be able to make a Traveller specific extension for you.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I was reading some forum posts before jumping into FGU and saw where people recommended a larger font, so I assumed it was needed. I have removed the font and everything seems fine. Although I did not see any Copy command in the console log - all there is : Compile Logs, Clear and Close.

Only in FGU Compile Logs will setup a zip file with all the needed files needed. FGC is a bit simpler with a copy to clipboard button. Compile logs creates a zip file with a ton of troubleshooting data to help with various issues while running FGU.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

How about just allowing us to choose the font size that suits us as a standard option - that would be extremely helpful for everyone. FGU fonts appear to be about half to two thirds the size of the font used in windows. Large fonts (less screen real estate) for those of us myopic GMs and miniscule fonts for the eagle-eyed who want loads of screen room. I must admit, I find it a bit of a juggle managing the non-standard font size of this single application - much better to conform to standards.
    Last edited by Moriarity; July 24th, 2020 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    How about just allowing us to choose the font size that suits us as a standard option - that would be extremely helpful for everyone. FGU fonts appear to be about half to two thirds the size of the font used in windows. Large fonts (less screen real estate) for those of us myopic GMs and miniscule fonts for the eagle-eyed who want loads of screen room. I must admit, I find it a bit of a juggle managing the non-standard font size of this single application - much better to conform to standards.
    This, for the love of all that's holy THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigreid View Post
    This, for the love of all that's holy THIS!
    I would have to agree also. Signed x10!!!

How do you make a character sheet that can maintain aspect ratios etc. for font 8 AND font 42?

Thread Information