5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Disabled people and Fantasy Grounds

I was in a FGU session the other day and one of the people that was interested in Fantasy Grounds was disabled. He only had a single hand he could use. He was hoping that there would be a way he could use Fantasy grounds to play online. Because he only has one hand he does everything on his computer with only a keyboard. I have been looking and have found tons of information on keyboard shortcuts but not much on how disabled people can use fantasy grounds. Are there any WIKI or FAQs that if I run back into a person with disabilities I could point them to it?

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Possibly the player could team up with another player in the group and they could control his character sheet for him and do the actions etc and the player with one hand could just concentrate on the role playing and the maps etc.

This guy was looking for a system that allowed for his own independence that he could control. I do not think he would have gone for let someone else do it for him.

Do you have any helpful suggestions of a system he could use that he could with his disabilities? I kind of gathered he normally plays pen and paper which with the social distancing is kind of hard so he was looking for an online option.

Also still looking for any WIKI or FAQ pages that could help him.

Of course in the sticky links there is this
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds
    Which helps me. That with sticky keys enabled would probably give him some help.

I was also thinking about the controller Microsoft made for disabled people not sure if it would work here. I have read that people do not really like trackpads and FG. Any thoughts on touch screens? Maybe MMO mouse with CTRL, ATL, etc programed into the extra buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    This guy was looking for a system that allowed for his own independence that he could control. I do not think he would have gone for let someone else do it for him.
    Can he use one of those toggle pointer things on a laptop? I don't think FG requires the SIMULTANEOUS use of keyboard and mouse. It's not a super fast paced first person shooter.

I have a player in my group that can only use one hand. We had him get a mouse with a lot of extra buttons he could program. He is able to do quite well with just the mouse and extra buttons.

For example he has one button. Set to control, so he hold that down and left mouse clicks and boom he is targeting... not ideal but totally doable.

Thank you for sharing. This is what I was hoping for to find out what people were doing. I am glad to hear that it is working for him. I will pass it along.
    Last edited by Granamere; July 17th, 2020 at 17:00.

I can use FGC on a touchscreen tablet using one hand. That works rather well. There are also foot switches which you can use as either modifier or as a common key combination. These for example: https://www.scythe-eu.com/en/product...switch-ii.html
    Last edited by Milmoor; July 17th, 2020 at 16:58.

Milmoor I did not even know about the foot switches. That does give some cool options.

Thread Information