Starfinder Playlist

Search function for Library Modules

I'm unsure if this is intentional or I am missing something, but the search feature for the modules section under library doesn't seem to filter things efficiently at all. I use it to play 5e and own most of the books. If I type "handbook" for player's handbook, the dozens of products I have from the FG store still show and it doesn't narrow it down to products with just handbook in the name.

Same thing if I search "monster" - I would expect to see Volo's Guide to Monsters and Monster Manual, but it seems nothing is filtered at all.

Are you pressing return after you type in your search term?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, multiple times - as I sometimes make the same error when using classic I checked that first. I also find that if I backspace and clear the search feature and hit return, it doesn't undo whatever was filtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ability to search anything is not working, pressing RETURN clears the field. This happened after the update 07/14/2020. Will most likely have to check loaded extensions, more extensions may be incompatible with new update? Got an error when I tried to delete from combat tracker.

[7/14/2020 7:37:09 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:114: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)
    Later did try to search for NPCs an I was able too, but I could not search for Tokens.
    Last edited by dellanx; July 15th, 2020 at 01:44.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Is this a new issue with today's update? Wondering if maybe search is broken in more places. Just now I was trying to search items for "Shield". I found that if I did the following, search results got messed up:
    1. Open Items
    2. Clicked the "Armor" button at the top
    3. In the new window, search for "Shield". Notice some weird behavior of the Items window.
    4. Close the Armor list.
    5. In the Items list, search for "Shield". Some things with the word Shield show up, but not everything including the basic Shield. The actual Search field also doesn't seem to show that I searched for Shield. Image of this state is attached.
    6. After clicking around and opening/closing things, search results start returning as normal/expected.
    Haven't noticed this in previous builds but it's been a few game nights since I was creating a character.
    Search Problem.png

Same here. Mostly with 5e content, but every item I am trying to search for is breaking. The return results is blank on anything searched.

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Ability to search anything is not working, pressing RETURN clears the field. This happened after the update 07/14/2020. Will most likely have to check loaded extensions, more extensions may be incompatible with new update? Got an error when I tried to delete from combat tracker.

Later did try to search for NPCs an I was able too, but I could not search for Tokens.
    It's not an extension issue as I clean installed FGU today to run a teaching session. It's the software itself

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    It's not an extension issue as I clean installed FGU today to run a teaching session. It's the software itself
    I noticed on an NPC with lots of spells and spell effects, when I moved through the list there was some graphics flickering outside of the NPC character sheet.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Just pushed new build to fix the search filter not working.

Regards,
    JPG

Confirmed fixed for me. Also just want to say that the most recent major patch has seriously improved load times for clicking on Items, Story, NPCs, etc. It's pretty amazing and this really feels like a product ready for release, at least for everything I do with it.

Thread Information