STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 53 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Hey!
    I've tried to play with two different groups, on several ocasions (2 times with each group), but to no avail.
    As soon as everyone is connected, which takes some time, someone "crashes". By this I mean they are out of sync with everyone, and no one can see their actions and vice versa.
    This happened whilst trying to play Starfinder, both with the dead suns 1 module and without any modules at all.

I am playing with a FGU Ultimate account, and my friends are trying to connect with free accounts. At one point the log gave an error, but usually it does not.

Any help?

Currently the game is not playable at all =(

edit: It takes up to 20-30 minutos to get everyone connected, because most of the time everyone gets a "could not load lobby server" or similar. Is there maybe a better way using lan (and hopefully not hamachi?)

edit2: It is really frustrating. I've already lost 4 play sessions. Any help would be apreciated.
    Last edited by Naimed; August 15th, 2020 at 04:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimed View Post
    Hey!
    I've tried to play with two different groups, on several ocasions (2 times with each group), but to no avail.
    As soon as everyone is connected, which takes some time, someone "crashes". By this I mean they are out of sync with everyone, and no one can see their actions and vice versa.
    This happened whilst trying to play Starfinder, both with the dead suns 1 module and without any modules at all.

I am playing with a FGU Ultimate account, and my friends are trying to connect with free accounts. At one point the log gave an error, but usually it does not.

Any help?

Currently the game is not playable at all =(

edit: It takes up to 20-30 minutos to get everyone connected, because most of the time everyone gets a "could not load lobby server" or similar. Is there maybe a better way using lan (and hopefully not hamachi?)

edit2: It is really frustrating. I've already lost 4 play sessions. Any help would be apreciated.
    Have you checked this post to see if it applies? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Have you read the OP? Can you please post the logs as requested? Instructions in the OP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey, mail with data send. Is it easier over lan/hamachi? Are there less desynchs or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you checked this post to see if it applies? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Have you read the OP? Can you please post the logs as requested? Instructions in the OP.
    It is not an isp problem, we are not from the states, and we checked that our ports were open.. I guess we could not connect, not even once, if the ports were closed..

Blog Entries
    "Advanced Security" goes by many names and is not limited to just the USA. Those ISPs are simple the ones that have been identified by users so far. There is also "Youth Protection" in Germany which causes similar issues (though a different technology and intent).

Correct, if the ports were closed you would not get single connections. Being able to connect once but then being disconnected or denied are traits of security software say "Hey, this is transferring too much data, maybe it's a virus or a hack and they are doing something they shouldn't. We'll turn block it now." Things other than Advance Security that do this are "Parental Controls", "QoS", "Flood Protection" and I'm sure their are many other names, especially outside the US.

You might try contacting your ISP and telling them something like, 'I have a security system with an online component and it works for awhile but then gets blocked until I restart it. Is their some security setting I'm missing?'

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will try that anyway, thank you for your reply.
    What about lan? Or hamachi+LAN would give us the same problems?

Blog Entries
    I will try that anyway, thank you for your reply.
    What about lan? Or hamachi+LAN would give us the same problems?
    A VPN, like Hamachi, is very likely to bypass many of the security protocols, so definitely worth trying. LAN is another good choice, but without a VPN (Hamachi) requires port forwarding, which is a bit more complicated. Again, worth trying if you have the ability to port forward.

A VPN, like Hamachi, is very likely to bypass many of the security protocols, so definitely worth trying. LAN is another good choice, but without a VPN (Hamachi) requires port forwarding, which is a bit more complicated. Again, worth trying if you have the ability to port forward.
    What do you mean exactly by LAN without VPN? Can you use a direct connection? Asuming I can forward my ports correctly?

Blog Entries
    What do you mean exactly by LAN without VPN? Can you use a direct connection? Asuming I can forward my ports correctly?
    Yes you can direct connect in FGU. On the campaign start screen change the radio button from Cloud to LAN. Players will then need to know your public IP and you will need to have Port 1802 UDP forwarded to your host computer.

Yes you can direct connect in FGU. On the campaign start screen change the radio button from Cloud to LAN. Players will then need to know your public IP and you will need to have Port 1802 UDP forwarded to your host computer.
    Ah, I see! This could help us out. Last question: Only I (the host) have to open my port, right? Thanks again for your replies!

Thread Information