STAR TREK 2d20
Page 52 of 53 First ... 24250515253 Last
    This is not something that can be resolved by us.

It's some sort of limitation that is in effect between your machine and the Internet (usually security software on machine, router settings, or Internet provider settings (such as "Advanced Security")). I know that some Internet providers offer an Advanced Security option that you have to log into your account to specifically "allow" external connections (i.e. Comcast, Cox, and others). Also, you may have settings in your router to "limit" bandwidth or QoS (quality of service) or limit incoming connections.

Since everything works on your phone network, that points to something on your internal network is causing the blocking.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, since you mentioned that your players are all in different countries, it's likely that your security software, modem/router, and/or ISP are blocking inbound connections from those countries. And it's also possible that it's more than one of these options that are doing it, so just because you opened up the router or firewall, doesn't mean the ISP isn't doing it on their end, also.

Quote Originally Posted by l4gerardo View Post
    Hi, i hope this helps to find a solution to the problem once and for all.

I had ALL the problems described in this post and the past closed one, I have both FG and FGU ultimate licensed, my router is port forwarded to both TPC and UPC, i have 5 players in different parts of the world joining me to play, we spend almost 8 hours troubleshooting why they were unable to connect to my session, there were always 3 players that were able to connect and 2 players that were not able to connect and those two experienced EVERY problem described in here (stuck acquiring files, warnings of unable to connect, connecting but not able to see their characters, connecting but not able to open any modules ,etc...) we tried EVERYTHING with no luck.
    Until I was about to quit and in a desperation attempt I disconnected from my regular internet connection and connected to my smartphone internet via wifi-zone (connecting directly to my phone's internet connection instead of my ISP through the router) and just like that everything worked like a charm, no connection problems, no lag, no disconnections, no nothing. So this means that the problem is in the router some sort of internal firewall or a limitation in the number of connections or something that i haven't been able to figuring out. But we need to resolve this cause is costing me money to use my phone connection so if we could just resolve this it would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    As an side note, wireless connections should be avoided, especially the host, if this applies to your group. A phone connection normally does not have the required bandwidth to run a game or table, it is not the best or ideal, but I understand the desperation.
    For FG Classic, I understand the port forwarding, some countries use IP6v instead of IP4v connections, so that might be an issue too. Can you use the cloud when using FGU>>? Your provider might be blocking random incoming connections to help protect your account, this is flood control against DDoS attacks... If you lease a router from Comcast, Cox Internet, or Shaw, etc, a few of their leased Xfinity branded routers have an extra "advanced protection" setting that has to be disabled online. It is not available to be disabled via the router settings. There are other threads in the forums that describes this issue. Also, assuming you use Windows 10, windows security updates can sometimes reset or disable your specific firewall settings. Especially if you manually set these yourself.

FG Classic troubleshooting: https://fgckb.fantasygroundsuniversi...ntasy-grounds/

Updated official advice: https://youtu.be/45NWboX58rg
    Example of the potential Comcast advanced security. AT&T you have to call them. https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...anced-security

Wireless Data Streams.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Please ping me on Discord (smelton#0068) and I will help you troubleshoot.

FG kicking out players.

Having issues with most recent update (2021-08-13) that it kicks players out.

They would be able to login and then in 1-3 minutes it kick out all the players.Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 8.45.58 PM.png

I do have the logs, and its attached.

My Setup:
    Mac macOS 11.5.1
    RAM: 8 GB

Bizzarre thing here is that when it kicks out the player, the player still can see certain parts of the system, i.e. combat tracker, images.

But certain parts are blanked out (i.e. character selection).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mbolzar; August 13th, 2021 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbolzar View Post
    Having issues with most recent update (2021-08-13) that it kicks players out.

They would be able to login and then in 1-3 minutes it kick out all the players.Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 8.45.58 PM.png

I do have the logs, and its attached.

My Setup:
    Mac macOS 11.5.1
    RAM: 8 GB

Bizzarre thing here is that when it kicks out the player, the player still can see certain parts of the system, i.e. combat tracker, images.

But certain parts are blanked out (i.e. character selection).
    It looks like your network is cutting out... are you on a wifi or wired connection?

Blog Entries
    Also sounds like "Advanced Security" from your ISP. Do they provide that service to you?
    See this thread for more information; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Also sounds like "Advanced Security" from your ISP. Do they provide that service to you?
    See this thread for more information; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    I can check on the port forwarding bit - but its rather strange as when this happens:
    1. players can still see the shared images
    2. They can no longer see the character selection
    3. They can move their tokens, but it doesn’t gets updated on the GM side.

So its kind of like “partially” kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    It looks like your network is cutting out... are you on a wifi or wired connection?
    Wired. And network is working ok for the rest of the house, and on my mac hosting the game.

Plus, when i saw folks getting kicked out i also people hopping back in at the same time as they retried, so can’t be the network.

Also the way its kicked out is very unusual. In the past, when they do get kicked out they‘re kicked out entirely, not partially like now where users don‘t even know they’re kicked out and still moving their tokens.

Update: Lobby hosted works fine

Quick update - tried running the game via lobby (not direct IP) and it works consistently.

Previously we were running via direct IP.

Thread Information