FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 51 of 53 First ... 414950515253 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Glerin View Post
    I get stuck at the "Attempting to connect..." stage, no error messages or the like it just dosnt get past that stage
    Did your GM give you a password to connect to their campaign?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Did your GM give you a password to connect to their campaign?
    thanks for responding, and yes I have the password, but I never get far enough to a popup where I can input the password, I also tried joining other open games, but I have the same symptoms to those (stuck on attempting to connect)

Quote Originally Posted by Glerin View Post
    thanks for responding, and yes I have the password, but I never get far enough to a popup where I can input the password, I also tried joining other open games, but I have the same symptoms to those (stuck on attempting to connect)
    The GMs log was showing an authentication error when you tried to connect. For a test, ask the GM to remove the password from the campaign and see if you can get further.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have problems connecting to a DM of mine - more to the point, this DM occasionally has problems getting single players out of a group to connect to him.

I am located in Germany, on a DSL line with 27 Mb down and three Mb up, there are neither parental controls nor flood protection active. My DM is located in Texas. I am not exactly sure what his connection is.

The last few times when I tried to connect to his table, I did get a connection, but... after the step "acquiring files" was finished, the further proceedings seemed to crawl to a halt. According to my smartphone – stopwatch, two weeks ago it took 67 minutes after the files were acquired before I could access and use my character on his table. When I tried again the next day to see whether it was an incident that would not repeat, the same steps took only three minutes.

Last Saturday, initially I connected within 3:24 minutes, but I was the first person to connect. By the time the last person connected, there had been a late update of FG, and the DM decided he would run his own update, because the week before he had run into a few bugs that were supposed to be fixed by that update.
    Most people on the table (3 out of 5) players (re-)connected with the usual alacrity, one had to wait about 7 to 10 minutes – and then there was I.

After about 25 minutes, one of the players streamed his own table to discord, so that I could at least look at the battlemap and tell people what I wanted to do. It still took me over 22 more minutes (compared to the week before, the total still was a breathtaking 47:23 minutes) before I could access table, character and battlemap. Strangely, once my connection had been established in full, I could play and FG respondsed as if nothing had happened... In addition, one of the players had something similar happen to him last week Wednesday, when his connection did not get established within the regular session timeframe of three hours... This player was one of the three that could connect without any issues this time – and he was the one that streamed his table for me to look at.

The DM has had his ISP check his connection on Tuesday, and the ISP gave his connection a clean bill of health.

What could be the reason for this weird behavior?

Note: as the log files are way over the forum limit, the files can be downloaded from this address - it's an is.gd shortened URL to a Wetransfer download....
    Last edited by Roach; May 19th, 2021 at 11:57.

Roach, I'm reviewing the logs now. If you can, please ping me on Discord (smelton#0068) and we can run a couple of tests. Thanks

In the network logs I have not really seen anything outstanding.
    The rather interesting part, atleast for me, is the player.log & console.log from the dm's side.

[5/15/2021 1:49:42 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 31.3802273 - 5E
    [5/15/2021 1:49:45 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 3.336488 - 52
    [5/15/2021 1:51:15 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 90.1937651 - 460
    [5/15/2021 1:51:26 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 10.86508
    [5/15/2021 1:51:27 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.6287409
    [5/15/2021 1:51:29 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 1.7683822
    [5/15/2021 1:51:29 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 13.2642336
    [5/15/2021 1:51:45 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 154.9637697
    [5/15/2021 1:58:09 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 383.6668429

This is me, when I create a new 5E campaign with the winter theme:

[5/19/2021 4:48:27 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 6.344428 - 5E
    [5/19/2021 4:48:31 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 4.439971 - 1
    [5/19/2021 4:48:34 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 2.6762596 - 102
    [5/19/2021 4:48:34 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.148625
    [5/19/2021 4:48:34 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0220064
    [5/19/2021 4:48:34 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.1040524
    [5/19/2021 4:48:34 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.2746838
    [5/19/2021 4:48:36 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 15.8910043
    [5/19/2021 4:48:38 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.7650768

Can you maybe get your DM into this thread?

EDIT: Sniped by the client dev. Hope you can get it sorted out

As Zarestia pointed out, the load times on the DM side are interesting. The reason they are so high is the DM has quite a few modules loaded, all of which may need to sync with each player when they connect. I also found in the DM logs that 3 players connected before the game was loaded, so yes, you would have been sitting on the "waiting for connection" screen until the game and all those modules finished loading. After that, it started to sync everything with all 3 players at the same time ... Depending on the DM's upload speed, this could have be an issue ... Again, if you have some time to ping me on Discord I'd like to set up a game for you to connect to .. Being that I'm also in Texas it would provide a good baseline for comparison.

I have the sam problem. Me and other player are stucked on "Attempting to connect...". Only one player is able to connect to campaign.
    We connected to GM directly "By GM Name" via cloud on private session and with a password.
    After the update only one playe at time is able to connect.
    We have found a workaround for now "DIRECT IP CONNECTION".
    My GM gave us his external IP and we were able to connect normally. But this is boring cause he doesn't have a static ip so he needs to give us the new ip at each session.

i hope they solve this problem soon.

What helped us to get players in was a VPN. If your players are connecting from a country other than the USA I would recommend trying that. Otherwise the people here are good at helping, but will need logs from GM and at least one player who can't connect.

Hi, i hope this helps to find a solution to the problem once and for all.

I had ALL the problems described in this post and the past closed one, I have both FG and FGU ultimate licensed, my router is port forwarded to both TPC and UPC, i have 5 players in different parts of the world joining me to play, we spend almost 8 hours troubleshooting why they were unable to connect to my session, there were always 3 players that were able to connect and 2 players that were not able to connect and those two experienced EVERY problem described in here (stuck acquiring files, warnings of unable to connect, connecting but not able to see their characters, connecting but not able to open any modules ,etc...) we tried EVERYTHING with no luck. until i was about to quit and in a desperation attempt i disconnected from my regular internet connection and connected to my smartphone internet via wifi-zone (connecting directly to my phone's internet connection instead of my ISP through the router) and just like that everything worked like a charm, no connection problems, no lag, no disconnections, no nothing. So this means that the problem is in the router somo sort of internal firewall or a limitation in the number of connections or something that i haven't been able to figuring out. But we need to resolve this cause is costing me money to use my phone connection so if we could just resolve this it would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Hope this helps
    Cheers

Thread Information