Starfinder Playlist
Page 44 of 53 First ... 344243444546 ... Last
    Hello, I am the player. Thank you for your help. We have read through the forums and know of the possibility of security software blocking the link. At the time of this test, all of my security software was turned off completely. However I am trying to connect from Thailand. This worked for me all through testing, so several times a week for about a month, and the first two weeks of the campaign. Then suddenly last week this issue started. I had not made any changes to my computer. Also, I don't know if this helps, but I was able to log in to campaigns hosted by 4 other GM's. It is only Dragon's campaigns that I am having issues with. Any other insight you have for us would be very helpful. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace View Post
    Hello, I am the player. Thank you for your help. We have read through the forums and know of the possibility of security software blocking the link. At the time of this test, all of my security software was turned off completely. However I am trying to connect from Thailand. This worked for me all through testing, so several times a week for about a month, and the first two weeks of the campaign. Then suddenly last week this issue started. I had not made any changes to my computer. Also, I don't know if this helps, but I was able to log in to campaigns hosted by 4 other GM's. It is only Dragon's campaigns that I am having issues with. Any other insight you have for us would be very helpful. Thank You.
    Please see post #1 for information on what details are needed to help troubleshoot this issue. Please provide the player and GM logs mentioned in post #1 when you're trying to connect to the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please see post #1 for information on what details are needed to help troubleshoot this issue. Please provide the player and GM logs mentioned in post #1 when you're trying to connect to the GM.
    Hello my post was a response to the previous message. All of the details requested were provided by Dragon 71 in the previous posts. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace View Post
    Hello my post was a response to the previous message. All of the details requested were provided by Dragon 71 in the previous posts. Thank you.
    Sorry, as you didn't quote a post I wasn't sure what you were referring to.

As mentioned in the follow up by Moon Wizard, the logs show the connected getting closed, which indicates something is closing the connection between you and the GM. The GM should check for advanced security on their side, and you'll need to do some further investigation on your side - a lot of security software still operates to some level even when it's supposed to be disabled - so make sure the FantasyGrounds.exe application is allowed network access by all of your security apps (if an exception already exists, remove it and re-add it) and check your router and ISP for advanced security settings that could be closing your connection.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I do apologize. I should have quoted the previous message. I will connect with Dragon71 and try all of these again.

Here are the steps we have taken to date.
    1. We both reset the exceptions in our security software.
    2. We tested with others. The other players can log in to Dragons campaign (while I cannot). I can log into campaigns run by other GM's (but not Dragon's)
    3. We went back to the beginning. We both uninstalled Fantasy grounds, rebooted our computers and reinstalled fantasy grounds. Then deleted the old security exceptions and created new ones. (meaning twice now the security exceptions have been deleted and reset.
    4. I disabled all security software.

I can connect with Dragon and we can attempt all of these things again and produce new logs for each attempt along the way. However, I do not think that resetting security exceptions for the third time, or reinstalling services again should produce different results. Please do tell me that if those don't work you have another solution for us.

Check your Internet routers for any security blocking, and also your ISPs for any advanced security settings. The same as, or similar to something like this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

On your Internet router look for IP flood detection settings, or other such settings that might block downloads from uncommon sources.

Blog Entries
    Hi EmmaGrace if you have access to a VPN service you might try connecting to that before connecting to the game you are having issues with.
    See if you get a different result. If you do that might indicate any of the following:

1. your router security settings
    2. your ISPs security settings
    3. something at the GMs end that is flagging your Thai IP address

Here is after she has gone made the modifications to her firewalls.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon71 View Post
    Here is after she has gone made the modifications to her firewalls.
    That's showing the same as before, the GM side shows:
    Code:
    [5/4/2021 3:12:55 PM] Noble Connect [244904]: Handle response from 64.227.88.38:3478 at 192.168.0.101:65187
    [5/4/2021 3:12:56 PM] Noble Connect [245358]: no multiplexed handler 64.227.88.38:53082
    [5/4/2021 3:12:56 PM] Noble Connect [245888]: no multiplexed handler 64.227.88.38:53082
    [5/4/2021 3:12:57 PM] Noble Connect [246455]: no multiplexed handler 64.227.88.38:53082
    [5/4/2021 3:12:57 PM] Noble Connect [246830]: no multiplexed handler 64.227.88.38:53082
    Have either of you looked into the Internet router and ISP advanced security I've mentioned a couple of times?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi EmmaGrace if you have access to a VPN service you might try connecting to that before connecting to the game you are having issues with.
    See if you get a different result. If you do that might indicate any of the following:

1. your router security settings
    2. your ISPs security settings
    3. something at the GMs end that is flagging your Thai IP address
    Thanks for that. While my primary internet is on a LAN Cable. I teach English Online, so I have a backup wifi connection. I was able to connect after switching to my backup isp. I think we can safely assume this was an ISP issue.

Thread Information