Starfinder Playlist
Page 43 of 53 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardofelipe View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry if I'm in the wrong thread but one of my players is stucked in the "Attempting resolved connection to server". I use FGU and we tried to change to private without password, he is updated, he is not using VPN... We tried everything and nothing... He only could connect if was by his mobile 4G, but is too slow.

Can anyone help us?
    Can you attach the player and GM logs from shortly after he attempts to connect? They can be obtained from the top left corner of the launch screen or from the Compile Logs button in the Console window which is opened in FG by typing "/console" in the chat window (no quotes).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sent you by DM

The logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If the player was able to connect over 4G but not their home Internet connection, its likely has something to do with their Internet/network connection, router/firewall settings or, less likely but possible, an Internet routing issue... The logs contain some lobby server timeout messages which makes me think it was an Internet connection issue.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    If the player was able to connect over 4G but not their home Internet connection, its likely has something to do with their Internet/network connection, router/firewall settings or, less likely but possible, an Internet routing issue... The logs contain some lobby server timeout messages which makes me think it was an Internet connection issue.
    We'll try!! Thanks!!

My group is switching from Roll20 to FGU. I tried FGC a few years ago, but was unable to switch at the time as I had (and still have) satellite internet. It is unfortunately all that is available where I live. For the first 2 weeks my players were able to connect fine, all characters were transferred over and verified by players, two weeks ago however one of the players were unable to get in, then last week a second player became unable to get in and as such that week ended up canceled. One of those players has been getting with me to try and trouble shoot the issue this week. One day the player was able to connect into my game again after connecting to a friends game, however that only worked the one time.

Everything I can think of trying/testing has come to no avail, though most of my network troubleshooting skills are 2+ decades out of time now. I am willing to provide to collect and send any details you need and try whatever is needed to try and fix this issue.

Game is held on Tuesday afternoon/evening (Mountain Time zone).

~Dragon71

We need to see both the player and GM logs right after trying to connect when it fails. You can open the console using the button on the upper left of the launch screen and during the connection screen; then press the Compile Logs buttons to download. Once in the tabletop, you can type /console to bring up the console instead.

Regards,
    JPG

I will be seeing one of them tomorrow so should be able to get those then.

Here are the files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm seeing these in the player network logs right before the cancelled connection; and the GM doesn't look like it ever gets a completed connection. It appears to be failing in the network facilitation layer; because something is closing the socket that is being used.
    [5/4/2021 8:07:59 AM] Noble Connect [35562]: Socket receive operation was interrupted, likely due to the socket being closed

This is almost always an indication that something on the player machine or network is blocking the socket connections as soon as they are formed. This is usually caused by security software installed on the machine; but can occasionally be caused by certain types of router security settings or internet provider "advanced security" settings.

Please make sure to check ALL security software on your machine to make sure that FantasyGrounds.exe is explicitly allowed full access to the Internet.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information