Starfinder Playlist
Page 41 of 53 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last
    @Skofield

If it's not a system performance issue, and not a connectivity issue (have you eliminated having too many devices sharing your DSL connection and limiting the available bandwidth?), then it could be a latency issue. What are the ping times like between you and the DM? Are you both in the same country? Any significant delays (such as the 500+ms delay introduced at each satellite hop) at any particular hop along the path?

Quote Originally Posted by Skofield View Post
    I forced my system back to IPv4 for my game session on Mar 20. I got disconnected 3 times over a 5 hour period.
    IMPORTANT OBSERVATION: I played a different game with a different DM and server on Mar 14 and had no issues! (This was BEFORE I set my system back to IPv4)

What could the Mar 20 DM be doing with his server that would cause these timeouts?
    I am now having this exact same problems in two separate games with two separate players. Completely different setups and IPs but they are both experiencing the same problem and can't log in at all despite 6 or more attempts.

I should mention one of the players works in IT so has a lot of knowledge of networking etc. and has an advanced setup to work from home so it is not a wireless issue or problem at his end.

Also for context this only started in the last 3 weeks and the other 5 players in each campaign have no issues.
    Last edited by Endurance; April 6th, 2021 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Try to switch between IPv4 and IPv6, this may be the difference between one DM server and the other.
    How does one go about this? Is it simple to explain?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
    I am now having this exact same problems in two separate games with two separate players. Completely different setups and IPs but they are both experiencing the same problem and can't log in at all despite 6 or more attempts.

I should mention one of the players works in IT so has a lot of knowledge of networking etc. and has an advanced setup to work from home so it is not a wireless issue or problem at his end.

Also for context this only started in the last 3 weeks and the other 5 players in each campaign have no issues.
    Have you checked to see if your ISP is now giving you "Advanced Security"? Many ISPs are now providing a web based security portal that protects you by blocking certain connections to your computers/network.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If only one player is having an issue, then that usually indicates that something unique in his environment is blocking or disrupting the connection. Some common culprits are any type of bandwidth throttling, inspection firewalls, parental controls, ISP advanced security, etc. For people having issues, it's best to have the player review their computer security software settings, as well as their router/ISP settings.

Regards,
    JPG

I played a few weekends ago and all of my players and I were having connection issues. Tremendous lag. There were alot of people playing in a convention that weekend using FGU so I am wondering about the ability for the servers to handle large amounts of players.

The FGU "servers" are used as communication brokers, rather than hosting games themselves. The GM's computer is the one hosting the game.

Well it isn't my computer. I have a $10k computer. The lag is crazy at times and we even crashed once.

As @DCrumb mentioned, we don't host games on our servers. The game is hosted by the GM machine, and the our servers only provide a connection negotiation medium (and relays if direct connection can't be made).

If there are particular campaigns/maps that are causing problems, we need full detail on the steps to see the issue. If this was on the beta version (v4.1), we are already working on some similar issues that arose last week, but welcome additional data. If this was on the live version (v4.0), example campaign and steps are the most useful to identify any issues.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes this was a v 4.0. I use RMC and my own campaign so not sure what campaign details are needed. People would see me as red on your 'connection' forum but could connect anyway. We had several times where we suffered serious lag and the screens were frozen. Ultimately we crashed and once everyone logged back in we were able to continue. I have seen CPU and GPU memory being heavily used at times, but not sure what else i can tell you.

Thread Information