DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 53 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last
    I forced my system back to IPv4 for my game session on Mar 20. I got disconnected 3 times over a 5 hour period.
    IMPORTANT OBSERVATION: I played a different game with a different DM and server on Mar 14 and had no issues! (This was BEFORE I set my system back to IPv4)

What could the Mar 20 DM be doing with his server that would cause these timeouts?

There are a number of things that could be in play, so its hard to tell without the logs. IE the DM could be using a wireless connection or not have the greatest Internet connection or be fairly bandwidth restricted on upload speeds. The DM could be using large print quality maps with lots of occluders. Pretty much anything that would be likely to cause data upload from the host to the clients be error prone or fail.

Hi guys, i need some help here.

My group (i'm the GM) is trying to use the 4.1 verson. 4/5 players have no problemas to connect im my session, but one guy just can't connect. We do the same thing that the others guys did, but he get stuck on the "Attempting resolved connection to server". I tried check my log, but don't see the "row" of he trying to connect, when another player try to connect i can see!

Any one get this problem? Any suggestion to solve this?

tks!

Unfortunately, I don't have his logs from this session.
    None of his other players are having problems.
    And i did not have problems with the other DM, so it's very confusing to me to identify the unique contributor.
    I will pass on your thoughts to him and see if anything sparks a connection.

thanks

Troubleshooting users with connection issues (wireless issues?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skofield View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have his logs from this session.
    None of his other players are having problems.
    And i did not have problems with the other DM, so it's very confusing to me to identify the unique contributor.
    I will pass on your thoughts to him and see if anything sparks a connection.

thanks
    Try not not use wireless if it is feasible, this can cause many issues and another potential points of failure!
    https://youtu.be/45NWboX58rg
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post473290
    Wireless Data Streams.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Yeah, neither I nor the DM are using wireless.

It really sounds like a connectivity issue on that user's end, not FG, or perhaps that player is trying to use a tablet, or a chromebook, or something other than a laptop or a computer. They may not have the minimum requirements, or potentially have a firewall or have antivirus software interfering too. Do many things can be the issue.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I'm the "player in question." Using a tower computer (G5 5090 running i7-9700 processor) with hard connect DSL 24 MPS, standard Windows firewall security.
    Again, this works with one DM's server but not the other's. On the server I am having problems with, 5 other players are having no issues.
    So I am struggling to find the distinguishing feature.

The best advice I can offer is that when you experience the issues with the one GM, get logs from both your computer and his. This will help support figure out what is happening. It is critical to get the logs at the time of the issue from both sides to be able to correlate the times from both GM and Player.

Basically have the GM have their end up and running and try to connect.

Then gather the logs, logs can either be gotten from the menu at the top left of the screen if on the launcher screen and selecting Compile Logs (this is what you should do), or by typing /console and then selecting Compile Logs if the campaign is loaded already (this is what your GM should do).

Try to switch between IPv4 and IPv6, this may be the difference between one DM server and the other.

Thread Information