DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 53 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I have to say the same. My last session using FGU was extremely good on a Mac. Smooth, snappy and no connection issues.

I hope it stays like this from here on out.

Hi

Only issue i faced last saturday. Player could not find em on lobby. Restarted session and first player found me in list and could connect. % min later second player came online and ocne more could not find me. and had to restart game once mor ethen it worked. Guessing temporary issue

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but had some more connectivity issues tonight.

Cloud hosted game with all users freshly updated. The issues started around 9pm EST, with strange issues preventing drag and drops. Then, around 9:30pm and again at 9:43pm all users lost connection to the FGU cloud server and needed to restart.

As with last time, I'll email these logs to the support email address provided in the op.

P.S. I've run three sessions between Saturday and Wednesday this week, with no issues.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

@JSCHERTLER, I got your logs. I'm following up in e-mail.

Regards,
    JPG

sending now, thanks for working on this

@sharkey, I got your logs. Following up in e-mail.

Regards,
    JPG

One player out of 5 had a connection issue last night. Disconnected from session (twice), and had to be kicked after disconnecting so he could re-connect. He was in the same house as his father, who had no connection issues.
    Campaign folder about to be emailed.
    Latest version, Symbaroum ruleset, no extensions.

GrumpyOldAndy

Edit: So the zip is too large for my email program, emailed a dropbox link to the zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GrumpyOldAndy; August 1st, 2020 at 13:13.

Did the player just have updates stop (i.e. no chat/dice/updates); or did it boot them back to launcher screen automatically?

Thanks,
    JPG

Lost Connection to Relay Server

Hi,

I'm receiving an error with respect to losing a connection to the relay server. This has been happening for about the last 48 to 72 hours.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trouble Shooting in FGU; In regards to random player disconnects, the issues are usually something related to the 'player' or 'gm' side of things, not always FGU, or the server... , We find that usually when the troubled player tries to reconnect, they tend have trouble with the lobby in regards to re-connecting, etc... And it's often something simple or such.
    Question: In the connection history, when you have already established a previous connection and session, what type of data is stored in this history? Is this history data static? Does a software client update affect the data required to connect to the previous host with the current connection history data? Does the connection history option need to be updated too when there is a software update with any potential server or hand-shaking data? Just wondering there. I have no clue if that relates or makes any difference.

The reason for this question is that "many users" have had to delete that history as a work-around and have not been able to always re-use it to establish a connection to the host. I am guessing that maybe something is not updating in the history definition settings, or IF that does not matter? i was thinking that if the GM or players are updating in between session, perhaps the older data is conflicting there too.
    Last edited by Laerun; August 4th, 2020 at 03:56.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information