5E Character Create Playlist
Page 39 of 53 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last
    FGU connects to four different remote computers: www.fantasygrounds.com, server.fantasygrounds.com, lobby.fantasygrounds.com and a fourth IP address that does not allow reverse IP lookup.

What happens when connections time-out to one of these four servers (and how many seconds)? What is the fourth server?

I tested what happens when the connection to the SW cloud servers get lost while a localhost connection is active. The connection between GM and client is kept alive and working, so that's good.

In my first try the GM server console printed the following text: "Lost connection to cloud service. Players may not be able to join game. Attempting to reconnect..."

Unfortunately I did not measure the time-out, so I did a second try. But this time the message did not show up even after 8 minutes of waiting.

Once I re-enabled my internet connection said "reconnect" did not seem to happen, though. I specifically had to restart the server in order for the already restarted client being able to connect again, else it was stuck in the "Attempting resolved connection to server" phase. This happened even after my connection history listed my GM server as green again (before the GM server restart).

Curiously the IP addresses during that phase are not my own external IP addresses (neither IPv4 nor IPv6, the latter of which was disabled anyway). So that phase seems to try a connection to SW servers instead.

So ongoing games keep working as it seems, but new connections could not be made without the GM doing a restart.

I specifically suspended the FGU main thread, the GPU driver thread (nvwgf2umx), the highest CPU load mono-2.0 thread and the highest CPU load UnityPlayer thread. This was meant to simulate CPU overload of only these specific and important threads while the network thread remains active in the background.

Suspending these threads did not cause disconnections after even longer than a 30 second time-out period. So the dedicated network thread(s?) seems to work as intended. This also means that disconnect caused by CPU overload are more likely to hit weak computers where the CPU is not able to keep the network thread going on another core.

This is also a testament of how beneficial multi-threading can be.

Connection issue - but only with a specific host

Hey everyone! I'm having issues connecting to the host. I've tried turning off my firewall, resetting my IP address, wiping my entire pc and redownloading windows and FG, checking my upload and download speeds, connecting with different devices, connecting using different accounts, and nothing seems to be working. I was able to get on to our weekly games as of two weeks ago but as of this month I've been unable to connect to the host and I'm just out of ideas for what could be wrong with it (I can connect to any other games that I try). It seems like it might be a network issue or some issue on the end of FG because the software has been reset and the hardware is total overkill for this lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been unable to get on for the last two sessions and our next is this weekend.

My logs: afranck618_Logs_2021-3-18_14-57-1 (2).zip
    Host logs:Aquacado_Logs_2021-3-18_15-32-5 (1).zip

What happens when the same host creates a new campaign and you try to connect to it?

Tried that just now - same issue as before.

Blog Entries
    Campaign name has no special, non-English characters in it? Same for the password? Can you connect to a different host? Can other people connect to the same GM? Does your GM's ISP have "Advanced Security"?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Name and password are fine, I can connect to every other test server and host on fg right now (can't even get to the password entry on my GM's), the other 3 players are able to get on just fine, and the GM ISP doesn't have any advanced settings for security. We tried removing the space from the name but it doesn't seem to help.

Update: we were able to run it on a VPN over a shared network using the VPN IP address so it must be Verizon (my ISP) being stupid. I can't seem to download the assets, rulesets or library though. I can't see anything that I post into the chat or any of my dice rolls. But I did make it in so that's at least a step in the right direction.

We got it working again! Thanks for taking the time to help guys

Thread Information